SAP FICO Integration Consultant
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SAP CO/PS Integration Consultant to be based in Portsmouth on an initial 5 Month contract. Experienced SAP FICO, AMS.
Job Title - SAP FICO Integration Consultant
Location - Portsmouth
Rate - £ Market Rates per day
Duration - 5 Months
The Functional Analyst (SAP FI/CO) is newly created, crucial role in the SAP AMS (Application Management Services) organisation and is responsible for the analysis, design, configuration and support of the SAP FI/CO module to meet the business needs of Babcock cross divisional back office processes.
Working closely with our customers to deliver, maintain and troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality, the FI/CO specialist adds value to the AMS organisation through their knowledge of the FICO module and knowledge of its integration with other modules (Logistics (MM & SD)/PS/HR/Ariba/SRM) and BW (BI/BO/BPC)
* Provides specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in designing SAP solutions in the FI/CO modules of ECC 6.
* Sound configuration knowledge of master data, GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting and Treasury.
* In depth configuration knowledge of cost element, cost centre, internal orders, result analysis/revenue recognition, product costing, profitability analysis and profit center accounting.
* Detailed understanding and knowledge of configuration dependencies and integration points between separate functional modules of SAP (PS/Logistics (MM & SD)) with a focus on billing types (Resource-related billing, Lumpsum, Fixed price and delivery based billing) and revenue recognition methods.
* Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs.
* Ensure compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards. Ensure the integrity of the finance configuration of the SAP system across multiple landscapes.
* Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills.
* Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
* Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
* Demonstrate proof of concept and assist in training activities
* Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
* Work with the Service Desk to facilitate incident & problem resolution.
* Work with SAP to resolve software bugs.
* Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
* Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
* Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for finance related processes.
* Develops functional specifications and works with BASIS and ABAP personnel resources to complete object development and testing.
* May be required to lead and coordinate the work of a small team.
* Understands the business processes and how the application supports the processes. Applies this knowledge to solve problems and deliver changes.
* Understands and applies Babcock methodologies and procedures.
Key Skills And Qualifications:
* A university degree or relevant experience in Finance or Information Management.
* 5 Years of hand-on SAP FI/CO configuration experience.
* Integration Experience with Logistics, Procurement, PS and HR.
* Good understanding the OTC, RTR, PTP and HR Processes as it interacts with FI/CO as per the standard SAP process model.
* Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment.
* Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
* Previous experience as a consultant or customer facing experiences (Internal or External).
* Should be comfortable working in a team and independently.
* Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
* Experience working in an environment where negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills are required.
* Desire to improve the current solution.
* Focus on delivering customer service and quality solutions.
* Experience or exposure to IT Governance.
* Exposure to ITIL Framework.
* Domain Expertise in Engineering & Construction will be a plus.
Candidates should submit CVs in the first instance. Mike Tripp [Telephone number removed]