IT Assistant Director (User Services) 12 Months Contract
||University Of Bath
||£49,149 - £56,950
||Starting from £49,149, rising to £56,950 (plus a market supplement of £2,000)
We have an outstanding opportunity for an IT Assistant Director to join the University of Bath's Department of Computing Services for an initial 12 months with the possibility of the role being extended or made permanent.
We are looking for an agent of change with the ability to be an emotionally intelligent leader. You will be able to assimilate complex and large amounts of information whilst at the same time not be afraid to challenge current practice.
A key role within the IS/IT Senior team, you will have responsibility for the teams and technical strategy in a range of customer facing areas;
• Staff / Student Service Desk
• Integrated Help Desk
• IT Procurement
• Staff and Student Desktop provision
• Student open space IT support
• Classroom and event audio-visual support
• IT literacy development
• Assistive Technology
• IS/IT/AV intelligence provision
Using strategic and situational awareness and a business focus, you will act as the conduit between Senior Managers in the University and your technical colleagues. Your Business Process Redesign will be in constant demand, leading and developing teams of technical specialists.
You will have built upon your degree and relevant post-graduate qualification (or equivalent experience) with recognised qualifications and/or abilities in IT technical service management and leadership, drawing upon your ITIL or similar service management experience.
About The University of Bath
The University of Bath is a leading UK research university, dedicated to making a positive impact to the world we live in. The superb facilities and practical support available at the University have created an ethos and environment which inspires a culture of innovation and fresh thinking. The University’s researchers engage closely with industry, the public and policy makers to explore challenging projects that examine the questions and inform the solutions that make a difference to society. The University is located in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath. The city was established as a Roman spa town and is famous for its spectacular Georgian architecture.
We are committed to personal and professional development. In addition we offer the following employee benefits:
• 18% employer pension contributions (8% employee contributions)
• 39 days holiday (annual leave, discretionary days and bank holidays)
• A flexible working environment
• Ofsted outstanding rated onsite nursery and childcare vouchers schemes
• Salary exchange scheme (cycle to work)
• Interest free loans for public transport seasons tickets and motorcycle purchases for commuting
• Onsite private and NHS dentist, onsite medical centre
• Discounted physiotherapy services
To apply visit our website by clicking the APPLY button.
Closing Date: Thursday 04 March 2018
Interview Date: Friday 16 March 2018