||£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Backend Engineer to work with the most innovative people in tech and help us to continue transforming the energy industry.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Join a highly skilled, cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers and Product Owners
- Help to develop, test, and release software that scales quickly and reliably
- Build and scale a distributed system, focusing on user value and business objects
- Invent. Create. Innovate. Repeat
- Plan, design and build intelligent backend solutions and bind these to our front end infrastructure
- Drive both product and technical improvements
- Work with our microservice platform, which is written in Scala, following functional programming principles and connecting with event streams
- Encourage debate and collaboration within your team
Interested? If so, you’ll need:
- At least four years’ hands-on experience of building distributed systems in a multi-language environment
- Commercial experience with functional programming, or a demonstrable desire to learn
- Experience of REST and asynchronous event driven programming
- Previous experience with CI, and ideally CD
- A track record of driving automation across build, test and release processes
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Backend Engineer, Backend Developer, Backend Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Back End Engineer, Software Application Engineer, Software Developer or Application Developer.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a business that’s in the Sunday Times’ top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in central Bristol
- Free breakfast every day + half price Friska
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Discounted gym membership
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Backend Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.