Senior PHP Architect
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior PHP Architect
We are seeking a currently seeking a Senior PHP Architect, to provide development manager caliber technical leadership and architectural direction for multiple and diverse software solutions.
You will work on the development and enhancements of a LAMP stack solution - high availability, in preparation for scalability.
The company is located in Belfast, Northern Ireland and is a platform that serves the UK market for their specific niche. You will be liaising with both the business and the software development team based in Europe. You will have strong stakeholder management skills and the confidence to push back on the business. This is an important and high level role within the company.
The company is an "old startup" they have been trading over 10 yrs and are ready to take the business to the next level, this is an exciting time for the company. It’s a busy environment with a small office, circa 20 x people in total, you will be working closely with the leadership team.
The primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the ongoing software development from the initial specification, through to developing, testing and launching.
You will own all technical matters including orchestrating high-quality, fast-cycle software implementations; maintaining, guiding and improving the architectural integrity and evolution of the products; ensuring best practices and architectural guidelines are followed for the products.
You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Work with Creative Development to get desired UI updates deployed on live site
- Develop and enhance PHP web sites (actual coding)
- Experience using JIRA and Agile Methodology
- Ensure requirements from product stakeholders are satisfied, complete and testable
- Work closely with the Head of IT, guiding geographically diverse software development teams in developing the best technical designs and implementation approaches
- Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to executive leadership and managing stakeholders expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in a software development technology discipline required
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- 10+ years experience building successful production software systems
- 5 years of web programming with PHP and MySQL
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies
- Knowledge of: Laravel, Core PHP, MVC, Angular.js, Functional Testing, PHP, API, OOPS, testing
- Expert in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and- PHP)
- Excellent communication, self-motivator, team player, ability to solve complex problems, design & requirements documentation
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping high-quality software on time
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by clicking the button below :)
To view similar opportunities and more, please visit our site hpkonnect.com. You can also take our "Candidate Prescreen" while you are there.
Don’t worry, your information is safe with us. We will never share your data with any third party without your full prior written permission.
Alternatively, please forward your CV to Click here to contact this recruiter and we’ll be in touch soon. Thank you.