Assistant Finance Manager
||£200 - £250
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Assistant Finance Manager
My client, a top 4 UK Bank, are currently looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to work out of their Bristol offices on a long term contract basis.
The Assistant Finance Manager role is required to work in the Interface Operations team and it is a great opportunity to expand your knowledge of core and reporting systems used across the bank as well as enhancing networking and contact opportunities amongst stakeholders. The team provides a diverse range of services for the Group including Investment Reporting MI, running the Bank's foreign currency month end processes, supporting the finance arm of the bank for other Banking subsidiaries and operating the Group's FDPP platform.
The successful Assistant Finance Manager candidate should be nearly or newly qualified with a recognised accountancy qualification such as ACCA or CIMA, or have relevant experience.
Primarily the role will provide support to the Bank's Ring-fencing project, which is a requirement for all banks. This will entail looking into the MABE4 system (foreign currency trades and commissions) and determining how new upstream data will flow into the GDRS enrichment, VAT returns, Country risk exposure returns and the Bank of England Returns.
You will need excellent attention to detail and communication skills. You need an ability to think on your feet as the diverse range of activities can result in varied and sudden queries that demand urgent attention, especially where reporting is concerned.
Underpinning the team's work is Service Excellence, a model they have used with great success for the past four years. You will be expected to contribute towards this, seeking process improvements and simplification wherever needed and being an active team member in helping to cover capacity needs.
* Performance of testing for MABE4 daily & month end work (including Bank of England returns), and the quarterly GDRS enrichment, VAT returns, Country risk exposure returns
* Work with the Ring-fencing Project team to resolve any defects identified during the testing
* Update the current processes & process notes for the Ring-fencing Project
* Help embed the new processes in BAU
* Identify process improvement opportunities and work with the team to implement them
* Support standard monthly timetable tasks and other ad-hoc processes
* Co-ordination with system support teams
* Engagement with system users and answering user questions
If you are interested and meet the above requirements then please apply for the Assistant Finance Manager position immediately.
To find out more about Orgtel please visit www.orgtel.com
Orgtel, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales