Linux Subject Matter Expert
||Rachel Ann Adati-Kumi
Linux Subject Matter Expert - 5 Month Contract - Port Sunlight
Linux Subject Matter Expert required to join a reputable manufacturer of Fast Moving Consumer Goods located in Port Sunlight on a 5 month contract
Technical skill areas
* Hardware - HP Proliant DL380 series servers, HP9000 blade enclosures, BL class blade servers, ILO access, Compaq RAID and NIC option configuration.
* Hypervisors - MS Hyper-V and Oracle VM
* Operating systems - RedHat Linux AS 2.x to RHEL 7 (RHCE6/7 certification preferred)
* Server build/management - Redhat Satellite server 6.x for builds and patching, Puppet automation preferable.
* Scripting skills - Bash, ksh, Perl, ruby etc.
* Applications/middleware - Installation and configuration of Apache, MySQL, Postgres, Maria, PHP/Perl, JBOSS (EAP5/6), Tomcat 5/6/7.
* Security remediation via kernel/patch upgrade, securing configurations and upgrading the OS entirely.
* Linux server builds on hardware and VM
* Installation of application/middleware via Satellite channels/tarballs etc.
* Backup/restore or live migration of data
* Supporting functional and performance testing of new systems
* Documenting new builds/configurations
* Handing over infrastructure to BAU teams
* Ability to focus on complex tasks and to understand interaction of this technology area with other parts of the infrastructure.
* Customer focus to ensure quality and timely responses
* Strong & effective communication skills
* Personal drive to use existing solutions and not re-invent.
* Building solutions that are robust and fit for purpose.
* Ability to work well with peers and demonstrate lateral influence across disciplines
* To help with security remediation and remove legacy systems to the estate and applying security patches and configurations.
* Migration of services from old to new legacy.
* Working with applications teams on testing.
* Some customer facing aspects.
* Working well under pressure and can sometimes have to engage with challenging customers.
* Providing a lot of guidance and bring people up to speed.
* Thinking outside the box. Need to achieve compliance and how they do that.
* May have to develop a new capability.
As this an urgent requirement, the client will only consider candidates with no more than 1 - 2 weeks' notice or immediate availability.
[Telephone number removed]