Network Customer Consultant
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
O2 is the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. With over 25 million customer across the UK, O2 is one of the world`s most innovative companies putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are more than just a network. We open up the endless possibilities of technology, connecting our customers to the things that they love and exploring new ways to open up the world for them.
We are always on the lookout for great talent. Just like our customers, we offer our employees more. From a choice of benefits, rewards, training and ongoing career development there are many reasons to join O2.
About the Team:
The Technical Services team is responsible for all the technical aspects of a successful project. The team is made up of many high level experts bringing many years of experience, and we also leverage skills and resource from partner organisations when we need to, providing additional capability and capacity.
The In-Life Network TDA will prime the ongoing technical relationship with our live customers through the life of the relationship. The person will be assigned a small number of customers where they will maintain regular contact and build the relationship by providing design guidance, network performance information, complex issue support and lead smaller projects for the customers they are priming the relationship for.
- Prime the technical customer relationship for live customers by meeting and supporting them regularly (based on a pre-agreed plan), providing design and operational support guidance and helping to develop the relationship between the customer and O2
- Low Level Design for single and multi-tower opportunities, configuration, installation, integration and test management of customer focused projects across all medium and large sized or multi tower projects
- There may also be a requirement for other ad-hoc work within other related technologies and review incoming customer projects for quality of incoming information against deliverability of the HLD
- Undertaking leadership of project work, setting and working towards deadlines and providing technical leadership for other Engineering team members
- Support troubleshooting and investigation activities remotely and on site as required to resolve project issues. Support on site field resource who may be installing as part of the project you are technically leading
- Provide consultancy services to clients to help them understand their needs and advise on suitable solutions to their requirements
- Working with pre-sales and business partners on designing solutions and providing delivery time and management estimations as required
Skills & experience:
- Extensive industry experience with Cisco networking technology
- Experience in producing high complexity/multi-tower low level design documents
- Understanding of routing options and configuration. Working across a range of site types from small to very large. Campus and other LAN designs
-Understanding of mandatory technologies: MPLS, VPN, ADSL/FTTC, Nexus, BGP/OSPF and Security (ASA or similar products)
- Cisco CCNP or better experience
- Excellent Communication (able to communicate at all levels) and Consultancy skills with good commercial understandingGrade: PCGT
Salary and benefits:
We are looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position, and in addition we have some great benefits that could include a bonus, life cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits too.
Telefonica`s commitment to a great work-life balance allows us to consider flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
Joining Telefonica means opening up a world of freedom, support and possibility. A fascinating world where you`ll be able to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. And where there are endless opportunities to develop your career.
There`s so much to discover. Your adventure starts here.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.
Closing date:25th January 2018