Delta Capita is a global professional services business; we FOCUS entirely on financial institutions. Delta Capita provide unique solutions to the industries problems; by creating bespoke technology, in collaborating with the markets leading fin-techs and in enabling banks to work together. We are a partner led business of EXPERIENCED market practitioners. We have worked for the institutions that we service, having lived the challenges, we possess an EMPATHY for our clients. We understand the realities of the business environment, limitations in; budget, capacity, capability, and time.
We have been on an incredible journey since the business launched in 2012, and the last 18 months which has seen us increase out headcount by 100% and our revenues by 180%. We are in five locations, with 130 staff, with a long way to go to reach our goal. Can you help us on our journey?
It is easy to describe what we do and how we do it, but the more important question is ‘why?’. We are committed to creating "a great place to work”, as a people business-it is essential that we invest and nurture our key product PEOPLE. We need great people to contribute to the evolution of our business and the continuation of our company culture. At Delta Capita we have created an OPEN, transparent environment, it is essential in realising change. It is why we work so hard to maintain a flat and open organisational structure, having experienced the negative effects of grandfathering in other environments. We have seen that DIVERSE teams innovate, perform and function better than their counterparts, more likely to bring new ideas and strategies that make a commercial difference.
The cornerstone our approach to Consulting is a desire to INNOVATE and do things differently. We want to work with people who share our ENTREPRENEURIAL mindset and to give them the tools and environment to realise their ideas. That’s why we host regular internal roundtable events, informal meetups and are committed to providing an open forum for ideas.
From the little things like free breakfast every morning and the monthly SOCIAL events through to our commitment to providing best in class training and OPPORTUNITIES to work GLOBALLY, we are always looking at ways to improve the employee experience. We know that consulting is a people business and we are dedicated to ensuring that the DC FAMILY are rewarded socially, intellectually, and financially when working with us.
Whilst Client confidentiality prohibits us sharing detailed information about current projects we can say that we are or have been engaged on projects for many of the industry’s largest and most prestigious Global Investment Banks.
We are looking to recruit talented, highly driven experienced individuals who have excelled in previous roles (ideally with Electronic Trading experience) and are looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and rewarding environment.
A Java Developer is required to work on the build out of a greenfield Electronic Trading (E-Trading) programme within the Tier-1 banking space. The successful applicant will be supporting the design and the development of the front end business application & back end database, including integration with a number of existing data sources. They will be required to deliver their work semi-autonomously with limited technical supervision, but with full & frequent SME business support from our on-site team. The successful applicant will be proficient in Java and Agile development (ideally within the E-Trading space) as a minimum; knowledge of different technologies (specifically Hybrid Cloud and Microservices) is a definite advantage.
Experience / Responsibilities:
• Familiar with Java Application Servers (e.g. JBoss, Apache Tomcat) & Reactive Microservices & REST API’s;
• Low Latency Electronic Trading experience and understanding of front to back flows;
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns including Hybrid Cloud and Microservice frameworks;
• Highly proficient in writing clean, readable Java code;
• Experience of messaging frameworks, Akka and Kafka;
• Experience of Containerised Services, Docker;
• Provide development leadership and seniority within the immediate Agile space;
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional application;
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests;
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git;
• Fully aligned to Agile development / delivery methods, nice to have Kanban / Spotify;
• Single Dealer Platforms / Exchanges / Third Party ECN’s (example Bloomberg, Reuters);
• Multi Asset Classes / Products to include: FX (Spots / Forwards / NDF’s / Options) Credit / Rates / Equities;