Enterprise Architect - Infrastructure
||22nd December 2017
||Solihull, West Midlands¬†
||Up to £80,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Car Allowance + Extensive Benefits Package†
||Up to £80,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Car Allowance + Extensive Benefits Package
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Enterprise Architect - Infrastructure
Up to £80,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Car Allowance + Extensive Benefits Package
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry where they provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery across a global customer base.
Our client’s team is growing, so they are on the lookout for a talented Enterprise Architect to join their Managed Services team in Solihull.
The purpose of the Enterprise Architect will be:
To support customers in effectively aligning complex solutions with each customer’s unique strategic direction. In addition, to play a leadership role in complex projects and implementations ensuring that the customer’s goals are central in both the project design and execution.
Our client would like to meet an Enterprise Architect with experience in the following:
- End-to-end architecting within Infrastructure; VMware, Cloud Solutions, DevOps, Windows Exchange, AD, Networks, Storage and Linux
- Thorough understanding of project management fundamentals
- Solid understanding of IT governance processes.
- Strong technology understanding including; enterprise systems, web technologies, content management, document management and reporting.
- Ability to design solutions, including considerations for strategy, people, process and technology
- Proven ability to articulate complex solutions to customers and prospects
- Proven history of quickly comprehending the functions and capabilities of new technologies, understanding how new capabilities can be integrated into the solution, to add value to the company and their customers.
- Clear commercial understanding of the needs of the business and of customers
- Experience of application design for global operations
- Track record for remaining unbiased toward any specific technology or vendor, and for being more interested in results than personal preferences
- Strong analytical and organisational skills
- Wide breath of IT knowledge, including legacy architectures
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential.
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance.
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days, gym memberships and childcare vouchers, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more.
The Enterprise Architect responsibilities include:
- To provide "thought leadership" for proposition development
- Participate as a member of the core project leadership team that is driving the success of the proposition
- Outline technical recommendations and identify technological requirements that support customer, project & business goals
- Document current, intermediate, and future state technical architectures that support the customer’s vision and mission
- Develop a technical solution roadmap that maps to the customer’s future state
- To design and supervise the design of software that meets the business requirements
- To design and supervise the design software that meets the operating requirements e.g. volume, resilience, security and ease of deployment
- To own the technical design and delivery of the solution for customer projects
- Define and create technical standards, guidelines and quality control measures for enabling and implementing software systems
- Design and monitor a technical project plan that aligns implementation efforts and tactical activities to the overall project goals and roadmap
- Structure the software and systems installation and technical readiness activities
- Lead technical performance assessments of systems, applications and databases
- Co-ordinate and communicate with technical services teams across the enterprise (our client, Customers and Third Parties) to ensure effective and efficient project execution
- Work collaboratively with multiple subject matter experts to support project success
- Facilitate and support the data conversion activities, the Interface/Integration activities, the reporting / portal activities
- Monitor and document the technical aspects of ongoing projects and identify, document, and mitigate significant technical project risks proactively
- Provide ongoing evaluation of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure appropriate alignment of business objectives.
- Assess options, risks and cost-benefit analyses as pertains to product solution architecture, middleware and other technology issues
- Lead the Quality Assurance stream for the project portfolio assigned to
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
They have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and their values describe what makes them unique, and captures the spirit that runs through everything they do.
The Enterprise Architect plays a crucial role in delivering our client’s vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of Enterprise Architect, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Enterprise Architect, Software Architect, Infrastructure Architect, IT Project Manager, Technical Project Manager, IT.