C#/Java Software Engineers - SeeTrack - Edinburgh
||£24,000 - £40,000
||Dependent on Experience + Pension Scheme + Bonuses
SeeByte, global market leader in the development of smart software for unmanned maritime systems, are looking to recruit a Software Engineer for a position within our team in our Edinburgh office.
You can expect to be working on SeeTrack, SeeByte’s flagship product, and to be joining a team of experienced engineers. SeeTrack is the leading technology used by Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) and Clearance Divers around the world, to achieve success in managing their off-board unmanned assets during dangerous and demanding missions. SeeTrack is a data fusion tool which provides a common interface for robots and their sensors to allow users to easily view information in a single real-time display.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an innovative and forward thinking company with an international client base.
• Competitive salary and shared employee / employer contributory pension
• Generous holiday entitlement and travel compensation scheme
• Flexible working hours policy
• Travel season ticket loan
• Opportunities to travel to great locations like San Diego and work with robots
• Annual company day out
• A "technology day” every quarter to prototype and explore new ideas.
• Online certified training courses and in-house technology training
• Offices in the centre of Edinburgh, a great city to live in!
• Save money on your commute as SeeByte participates in the Cycle to Work scheme
Main Purpose of the Role
Applicants will have the opportunity to work on the development and maturing of the cutting-edge SeeTrack software, the principal data storage, management, analysis, processing, and visualisation solution for the maritime robotics domain. SeeTrack uses a modular, service orientated architecture and is required to process, store and analyse large quantities of data (2D and 3D) collected by underwater robots. The implementation will primarily focus on .NET / C# / MS Visual Studio with additional potential opportunities for code development in C++ or Java / Netbeans. Support and training will be given to allow you to develop and grow within the role as required and become a highly skilled specialist in software engineering.
• Graduated with a BSc or an MSc in Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
• C# / .NET development
• Database technology (e.g. SQL)
• Comfortable working with external clients
• Willingness to travel abroad.
Experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
• Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
• Version control using GIT
• GIS Systems
• Software Testing
Having completed a university or commercial project in one or several of the following areas is also desirable:
• Development of graphical user interfaces
• Management and processing of Big Data
• RESTful / SOAP API
To apply please send a recent copy of your CV and a cover letter by clicking APPLY now!
Because of the nature of the work associated with this post it is subject to special nationality rules and is open only to British or European Citizens. All offers of employment will be conditional to a satisfactory background check.
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES