Junior Backend Engineer
||£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Junior Backend Engineer to work with the most innovative people in tech and help us to continue transforming the energy industry.
As a Junior Backend Engineer, you will:
- Join a highly skilled, cross-functional team of Engineers, Designers and Product Owners
- Help to develop, test, and release software that scales quickly and reliably
- Build and scale a distributed system, focusing on user value and business objects
- Plan, design and build intelligent backend solutions and bind these to our front end infrastructure
- Drive both product and technical improvements
- Work with our microservice platform, which is written in Scala, following functional programming principles and connecting with event streams
- Encourage debate and collaboration within your team
Interested? If so, you’ll need:
- At least one year’s hands-on experience of building distributed systems in a multi-language environment
- Commercial experience with functional programming or a demonstrable desire to learn
- Experience with REST and asynchronous event driven programming
- Previous experience with CI, and ideally CD
- A track record of driving automation across build, test and release processes
We would be interested in a further conversation with you if you have experience as a Junior Backend Engineer, Trainee Backend Engineer, Junior Backend Software Engineer, Trainee Software Engineer, Junior Back End Engineer, Trainee Software Application Engineer, Software Developer or Application Developer.
What’s in it for you?
- Develop your career with one of the Sunday Times' top 20 best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Junior Backend Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.