||£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Data Engineer to help OVO Energy create best practices for working with data.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Create and maintain ETL pipelines and tasks specifically written in SQL or Python
- Develop domain-specific core tables, business-wide derived views, derived aggregated views, and pre-processed aggregated views for visualisations and analytics
- Build automated monitoring processes for data quality and integrity
- Work with Data Scientists and Analysts to build optimised data views for algorithms or visualisation
- Work on strategies for data stewardship and data championship programs, metadata management, master data management and other lifecycle management programs
- Identify and close any gaps in data governance and information management practices
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- A proven data engineering background, including at least three years’ experience of working with Python and SQL
- Proven experience with big data infrastructure
- Experience of data processing, data warehousing and business intelligence
- A solid understanding of logging, tracking logistics as well as the inner workings of A/B testing
- Exposure to data science, BI, analytics tools, languages and/or concepts such as Tableau, Scala and Machine Learning
Ideally, you’ll have experience of the following: Kafka, Google Cloud Platform services, Spark, or a data workflow tool, such as Airflow or Luigi.
What are the benefits?
- Join a company on the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in Notting Hill
- Free breakfast every day and lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Data Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.