IT Service Desk Support / IT Support Technician
||29th November 2017
||£21000 - £24000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 (dependent on experience)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company specialises in providing Managed ICT Services and support to SME's. They combine the friendliness & flexibility of a local IT Support company with the skills and professionalism of the larger corporate IT operations.
They strive for high levels of technical excellence and customer care. They expect candidates to demonstrate strong customer service, ability to keep customers informed and to develop a personal service whilst maintaining high technical standards.
They currently have a vacancy for a technician with a min of 2 years' experience in 2nd or 3rd line IT support to join their team. They are looking for someone who is willing to invest time and energy into making the role their own and becoming an important part of a growing business.
* Provide remote and telephone support for client networks and applications.
* Provide on-site support for client networks and applications.
* Mainly covering central Scotland from office based in Edinburgh.
* An element of out of hours work will be required with options for overtime work on specific projects to be completed out of hours.
* 2nd and 3rd line support for SortmyPC customers.
* Work on improving internal technical processes and internal systems.
* Work on client projects.
* Working as part of a close knit team and the ability to work alone as required.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in 2nd or 3rd line IT support role
* Experience of PC and server hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving
* Excellent knowledge and experience of virtualisation technologies - VMware/Hyper-V
* Microsoft Windows Server technologies and Active Directory. Group policy and PowerShell
* Excellent Microsoft Office 365 experience - ability to complete a basic Office 365 migration from start to finish is essential.
* Experience with Exchange Server and mobile email technologies
* Experience of cloud services. Knowledge of MS Azure an advantage
* Experience with VoIP and telephony an advantage
* Experience of RMM technologies a requirement
* Experience of complex networks an advantage and good basic understanding of networks (VPN, TCP/IP, VLANs) is essential
* Full UK driving license.
* Must be willing to invest into growing their role and the company itself.
* Ability to multitask, manage own workload and react quickly to urgent issues.
* Experience in identifying and improving gaps in procedures.
* Experience in project planning.
* Experience with helpdesk ticketing and some form of RMM (SolarWinds, Labtech) essential.
* Strong organisational, communication and customer service skills.
* Strong attention to details and a willingness to own a problem.
* Relevant IT qualifications. MCSA certification is a strong advantage.
* Ability to quickly learn new applications and technologies. A genuine interest in emerging technologies is required.
* Starting salary dependent on experience and qualifications, with a review after 6 months and annually thereafter.
* Excellent opportunities for growth - both in technical or commercial areas over the longer term.
* Options for paid overtime - our normal working hours are Monday to Friday.
* A development budget to make sure you keep up with training and certifications.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of IT Systems Support, IT Analyst, IT Lead, IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, 1st Line Support, IT Manager, 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line IT Support, Desktop Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 1st Line Support, Support Technician, IT Support Engineer, 1st Line Support Technician, Technical Support, IT Support, Helpdesk Support Technician, Helpdesk Support, Fault Desk, IT Systems Engineer, IT Systems Technician, will also be considered for this role.