Junior Developer / Software Developer / SQL Developer
||27th November 2017
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Junior Developer
Location: Cirencester, Gloucestershire
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
About the Job
The Company are a data and insight marketing agency based in Gloucestershire and they are looking for a Junior Developer to support their Systems team in delivering ETL solutions for their clients.
The role is split between key areas; designing, building, testing and reporting on data loads into SCV for their clients whilst providing general support to the Head of Systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Developing primarily in SSIS, assist in the design, development, coding and technical testing of new and existing BI data-processing systems including design of new and modified data flows
* Using SSRS, assist in the design, development, coding and technical testing of SSRS reports extracting information from SQL Server
* Establish data feeds and write SQL scripts to enhance raw datasets
* Work closely with colleagues, developers and end users to ensure the solution meets business requirements and is delivered in a timely manner
* Assist in managing data feeds, troubleshooting ETL problems and performance issues
* Assist in writing supporting technical documentation and providing technical support as required
Essential role requirements:
* 1 to 2 years Industry experience and/or relevant IT degree
* Candidate must show both knowledges and applied understanding of the following also: ETL solution development, database & warehouse design, Data modelling, analytics and validation, MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS
* Attention to detail (e.g. writing clear technical documentation, identifying and working around technical limitations, testing your own solutions)
* Independent and proactive (e.g. if you don't know the answer you take initiative to research and seek help)
* Working to tight deadlines (e.g. keeping project/task momentum, dealing with conflicting priorities)
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Desirable role requirements:
* Exposure to advertising and marketing data
* Some hands-on experience with Data Analytics / Data Visualisation tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, FastStats, SSRS/SSAS, etc)
* End-to-end development life cycle experience (e.g. requirements gathering, development and testing)
* Some understanding of authentication and communication with REST/SOAP APIs
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to send your CV.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Junior Developer, . Net Developer, . Net, Programmer, Junior IT, Junior, Developer, Back End Web Developer, Software Development, Web Developer, ASP . NET, C#, CSS, Java Script, J Query, Ajax, HTML, SQL, CSS, HTML, Software Engineer, Software Technician, Developer, Graduate Software Developer, Graduate Developer, Graduate .NET Developer, Graduate Software Developer, Data Analytics, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Developer, ETL Solutions Engineer may also be considered for this role.