IT Support Engineer - 2nd Line -Some Customer Onsite Support
||27th November 2017
||£25000 - £28000
||Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Support Engineer - 2nd Line (Includes some Local Customer Onsite Support)
Are you an ambitious talented IT Support Engineer looking to develop your career in Technical Support?
If you have 18 months+ proven 1st/2nd Technical Support experience, possess excellent communication skills, can work well under pressure and can commute to Croydon then this business wants to hear from you!
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting 1st / 2nd line issues.
- Logging, prioritisation and escalation of IT support issues and requests.
- Assist other Technicians with support issues where required and mentor 1st line support where necessary.
- Local Customer Onsite Support
- Assist with specified maintenance and operational procedures.
Essential Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will be a good team player, with excellent communication and proven customer service skills. They will need to have experience in call management, being able to analyse and prioritise customer calls to meet the company's SLA's.
- 1st/2nd Line Desktop Support Experience
- Onsite support Experience
- Windows Desktop OS XP/7/8/10 Server O/S 2008R2 - 2016
- Vmware 6 - 6.5
- Microsoft Exchange and Office Suite 2010- 2016
- Active Directory
- LAN / WAN
- Sever and Network configuration and maintenance
- Experience working with Microsoft Remote Desktop Services and Citrix
- Good experience of Server backup solutions
The following skills and certifications are not essential to the role, but would be beneficial to a potential employee. Training may be made available to the right candidate.
- Windows Server 2008-2016/VMWare Technology/Firewalls/Anti-Virus/
- Microsoft Certification - Windows Desktop and Server preferable
- Citrix Certification
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 dependant on technical expertise and experience. Company pension scheme.
Working hours: Mon - Fri (37.5 hours); however the company operates between 7am and 6pm, so a shift rota is in place. There is also an out of hours emergency support service which will require a reduced work schedule (33 hours) to cover evenings and weekends, currently on a 6 week rota (1 week in every 6).
It is essential that you have a full, clean driving license and have the use of a car, as you will need to travel to local client sites to perform parts of the role. (Mileage allowance is applicable) There is also access to a pool car for travel.
Please note: Due to the sensitive nature of the data held within the Company, the successful candidate will be subject to a strict security screening process, including a criminal record check. Please do not apply if you are unable / unwilling to complete this process.