Digital Portfolio Delivery Manager
||£49,624 - £57,303
The Planning Inspectorate has a long and proud history in ensuring a fair planning system by acting as the main appellate body for planning decisions in England and Wales. More recently it has also taken a leading role in supporting stable communities through reviewing the development plans of Local Authorities. It also helps meet future sustainable development by advising government ministers on planning consents for nationally significant infrastructure projects, such as the new runway at Heathrow. The judgements and decisions made by planning inspectors have a significant impact on the economy, people’s lives and the communities in which they live.
This is an exciting time to be working for The Planning Inspectorate; there are ambitious plans to improve and transform the service we provide to the public. Our aim, as stated in our strategy, is no less than to become an exemplar public service organisation. The Planning Inspectorate are based in bright modern offices next to Bristol Temple Meads station
The Digital Portfolio Delivery Manager is a fixed term role for two years.. Reporting to the Head of Digital Services, you will be responsible for managing the digital service change teams, overseeing delivery of a portfolio of digital change projects from inception to live service according to PINS delivery plans. You will also work with delivery managers to ensure high quality plans and resources are in place to deliver all aspects of digital projects from initiation through to transfer to live service.
We are seeking a candidate with the following : -
- Experience of managing a portfolio of projects to successfully deliver to time, quality and cost.
- Experience of leading a team to successfully deliver in a PPM setting
- Ability to engage with senior executives, identify and influence stakeholders, produce clear and non-technical advice on complex issues, presenting information clearly, concisely and inspiring confidence.
- Experience of a variety of technical solutions including open source, cloud platforms and digital services.
- A good understanding of waterfall and agile methods and the advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
- Experienced in programme and project management methods, including Agile, Managing Successful programmes and Prince 2.
This role would be perfect for a candidate who has a passion for Digital and Portfolio Delivery and has a proven track record of successful delivery.
How to Apply
To apply for this post please apply no later than Tuesday 2nd January 2018 by 4pm with your CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements; and a statement of suitability (limited to 2 sides of A4) explaining how your personal skills, qualities and experience provide evidence of your suitability for the role, with reference to the Essential Skills and Person Specification as set out in the Job Description or please contact PINS Search Consultants, Artemis Search Limited: David Gittoes or Peter Brown.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 2nd January 2018 at 4pm.
The Planning Inspectorate is an equal opportunity employer.
We value diversity and want our workforce to reflect the communities that we serve. We are also committed to the employment and career development of disabled people
The Civil Service Commission provides assurance that selection for appointment to the Civil Service is on merit on the basis of fair and open competition