SQL Server DBA - Change / Deployment Technician
||NGA Human Resources
||24th November 2017
||£30000 - £60000
||Dependent on skills and experience
||NGA Human Resources
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Assist with the ongoing rollout of new database versions, technologies and documentation associated with the MS SQL Server release roadmap
Use of industry standard ServiceNow tool in order to maintain SOC1 compliant record of work.
Develop and maintain close relationships and effective communication with the client, understanding their requirements and responding to their needs
Ensure the delivery of agreed plans of action
- To install Resource Link products on Windows and Unix/Linux environments both on premise and in our hosted UNIX environment.
- Knowledge of some or all of the following is required:
- Windows Server environments
- Unix/Linux operating systems
- Oracle Databases (dba)
- SQL Server Databases (dba)
- Unix/Linux shell commands
- Jasper Reporting Software
- Ensure that the new change initiatives introduced into the organization help to further the organizational objectives and fit in completely with its corporate vision and mission.
- Support change initiatives or projects within the organization including changes to technology and systems, changes to business processes, changes in organizational structure and job roles.
- Create conditions for a smooth transition to changes with least resistance from the employees and maximum enthusiasm to adapt to the change.
- Perform the role of a coach or mentor for senior managers of the organization to assist them in fulfilling their role as change sponsors for their respective departments and teams.
- Engage with key project teams to help them integrate their projects with crucial change management initiatives undertaken by the organization.
- Assist with the ongoing rollout of new database versions, technologies and documentation associated with the Oracle release roadmap
- Use of industry standard ServiceNow tool in order to maintain SOC1 compliant record of work
- Develop and maintain close relationships and effective communication with the client, understanding their requirements and responding to their needs
- Ensure the delivery of agreed plans of action
- Assist with the ongoing rollout of new database versions, technologies and documentation associated with the MS SQL -
Server release roadmap
- Migrate the Application stack onto newer releases of Windows Server
- Migrate databases from SQL Server to Oracle 12C
Thorpe Park is set within its own grounds and is easily accessible location from the A1 and Peterborough Parkway network. The train station is within walking distance and there is ample free parking on site.
NGA Human Resources offers you a unique chance to build a career in a vibrant, agile and growing organization, yet one with truly global client relationships and a wide range of opportunities.
At NGA, we’re dedicated to our clients, and we operate as a single, global team striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. Talk to NGA and discover what A World of Opportunity can mean for you.
Experience of SQL Server database administration on production systems
Evaluation and design of Windows server specification
Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
It would be desirable if you also have:
Installation of Java applications
Customer facing experience
Pension, Life Assurance and Private Healthcare as standard
22 days annual leave, plus 3 days for Christmas Shutdown
Flexible benefits package that can be tailored to your personal needs
NGA Human Resources is a market-leading, global, Human Resources services provider offering innovative HR business solutions through HR Technology, HR Outsourcing, and HR Consulting.
NGA is uniquely positioned to help HR leaders realize the true value of workforce management. We combine a focus on customer value with many years of experience in HR consulting, HR outsourcing and HR technology. This is the core of our business and why we are recognized as a leader in the global HR solutions market.
Our 8,500 employees are dedicated to delivering excellence through HR consulting, HR outsourcing and HR technology. As a recognized global HR services leader, we have offices in 35 countries on five continents, supporting customers in more than 145 countries.
- Over 1,000 ERP-based HR implementations globally
- 3,000 Large Enterprise customers
-10,000 Small and Medium customers
-Over 20% of FORTUNE Global 500® companies serviced
- 40% of UK working population are paid by NGA Human Resources’ solutions totaling 54 million payslips produced per annum servicing 19 million UK workers
One Team: Ours is an interactive environment. We celebrate our diversity and recognize the strength of what we can achieve as a united team.
Innovation: We are a creative and resource organization. We have a talent for looking at things differently and are passionate about bringing new ideas to life.
Speed: Our energy and focus means that we always deliver quality, quickly and efficiently
Responsibility: We can count on each other. We personally take responsibility for delivering on our promises. We trust our colleagues to do the same.
Excellence: We are committed to excellence. Our internal and external customers are at the heart of everything we do and we strive to over-achieve.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.