Senior Project Manager
||Competitive + generous contributory pension scheme USS; 28 days annual leave; childcare voucher schemes; performance related bonus and many other extremely attractive benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our team, with a focus on E2E life cycle delivery of large scale IT projects in technology or application development. This is an excellent opportunity to play an active part in responding to business initiatives, proposing and negotiating appropriate ways to address problems. Our Project Managers are responsible for establishing and leading enterprise-wide, cross functional strategic and operational initiatives.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
• Being the single accountable party for planning, orchestrating, and delivering a given initiative
• Ensuring end results are of the highest calibre with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
• Directing large-scale, complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
• Being accountable for one or more initiatives
• Directly managing all aspects of the project life cycle and works with matrix IT partners to oversee all phases of a project
• Rigorously managing scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters
• Validating financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
• Developing communication plans and interfaces to execute on responsibilities
• Serving as a Subject Matter Expert in routinely briefing key stakeholders on different aspects of assigned initiatives
• Representing the project in various project governance and inter-department forums
• Defining and tracking project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
• Developing the required project management artefacts
• Preparing periodic project status reports
• Proposing recommendations and adjustments
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• The proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity
• The ability to navigate a highly matrixed organisation effectively.
• Extensive experience in E2E life cycle management of technology projects
• Solid influencing skills
• Strong coaching skills
• Sound business and technical acumen
• Experience with stakeholder management
• Focused and versatile team player and be comfortable under pressure
• The ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally
• Strong presentation skills
• The ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
• Applied experience establishing and delivering complex projects
• Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
• Exemplary core project management skills
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools
Cambridge Assessment operates and manages the University’s three exam boards and carries out leading edge research in education.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Corporate discounts on Gym memberships and car rental
• Support for professional qualifications
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 December 2017 and interviews will be held shortly after.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or to apply, please click the APPLY button to upload your covering letter and CV.
As part of your recruitment process, if you are selected as the successful candidate, you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER