||London or Bristol
||£Competitive Plus Benefits including Bonus, Flexible Working Hours, 25 Days’ Holiday + Day Off on Birthday
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future and doing right by our customers.
We’ve been featured in Wired magazine for developing software that shatters the status quo. Now, we’re looking for a Production Engineer to join us in London or Bristol and play a key role in building and operating high-performing, reliable, secure and scalable software.
As a Production Engineer, you will:
- Gain exposure to the full technology stack
- Undertake assignments spanning deployment and infrastructure automation, performance engineering and release engineering
- Monitor distributed systems
- Work as part of Tech Operations, creating solutions that pave the road that all teams travel
- Build tools that improve production and deployment capabilities
- Give teams a boost and leave behind documentation and skills
- Contribute to on-call support as an escalation point
- Provide guidance and coach teams to enable a ‘you build it, you run it’ operational model
- Align with Production Operations to drive operational excellence and best practice
Interested? To be considered, you will need:
- Extensive software engineering and system design experience (we use Scala, Clojure, Node and React)
- Experience of distributed systems and data streaming architecture
- Previous experience of scripting languages and automation practices
- Demonstrable experience across DevOps skill-sets in Agile and XP environments
- AWS and/or GCP experience at scale
- Experience of CD and/or CI tooling and delivery best practices
- Previous experience of Kubernetes and container orchestration
- Network and security knowledge
- The ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
Whilst the above experience is important, we see Production Engineering as a mindset and so, ultimately, your demonstrable abilities and attitude are also key factors.
We’re eager to hear from individuals with experience as a Production Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, System Design Engineer, Agile Developer or DevOps Engineer.
What are the perks?
- Join a business that’s in the Sunday Times’ top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The chance to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in central Bristol
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of Production Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.