IT Support Specialist - 1st & 2nd Line
||24th November 2017
||£Competitive Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future, fighting the good fight and doing right by our customers.
Now, we’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to act as a custodian of OVO’s live services, continuously improve user experience and ensure that customers are consistently happy with our tech services.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Work with all parts of the Technology Operations Team to ensure that a best-in-class service is provided to all areas of OVO
- Provide operational and support services ensuring live and production system act in the way we need them to
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for OVO’s IT related issues during support hours
- Prioritise support tickets based on business impact and urgency
- Administer and support key business-critical applications
- Operate in line with service levels and meet OVO service standards
- Proactively identify any recurring faults
- Manage OVO’s IT assets and take responsibility for configuration management
- Work with suppliers to deliver resolutions in-line with agreed plans and policies
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- Experience of working as an IT support analyst and/or specialist within a dynamic environment
- Experience with IP Telephony/VOIP services
- Service Management/Helpdesk software knowledge
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Understanding of technical interdependencies between the "end user" device and the underpinning infrastructure
- Good knowledge of "end user" and desktop hardware computing including Google, Microsoft, Contact Centre and CRM applications
- Good knowledge and experience of Infrastructure both data and voice technologies (MPLS, VLAN, VPN, Terminal Services, Firewalls, ISDN, SIP, VMWare, remote hosting,)
- Good knowledge and experience of file and print technologies, OS build and deployment, Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows technologies
- The ability to time manage and prioritise your workload effectively
- A dynamic thought process and demonstrable initiative
- The aptitude to go that extra mile for your customer
- An excellent educational background, with good A-Levels (or equivalent) and preferably to degree level
Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies would be beneficial, as would knowledge of ITIL and service management.
We’re eager to hear from candidates who have worked as an IT Support Specialist, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, 1st Line Support Analyst, 2nd Line Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Technician or Service Desk Advisor.
What are the benefits?
- The chance to work for a company on the Sunday Times' top 20 list of the best companies to work for
- The opportunity to join teams who are given total responsibility for designing, building, testing and running their applications
- The opportunity to get involved with conferences, meet-ups, hackathons, tech talks and teaching kids to code
- A clearly defined career path
- Open plan office in central Bristol
- Free breakfast every day + half price Friska
- Lots of social events
- Training budget
- Discounted gym membership
- Matched volunteering and matched fundraising
Core shift hours are 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday. These may be extended to support business demand and shift rotation may include weekends.
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of IT Support Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.