Website Developer / Web Developer - PHP Developer / SQL
||23rd November 2017
||£25000 - £25000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Job Title: Website Developer
Location: Peterlee, County Durham
Salary: Up to £25,000 DOE + benefits
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Established over 30 years ago, the company, based in Co. Durham, England is a market leader in the field of electrical test instrumentation.
They provide total test solutions to enable companies and organisations to comply with the demands of all types of legislation and covering a wide range of international standards for the manufacturing, medical, 17th edition and safety testing industries.
The company is currently looking to recruit a Website Developer to join their team. In this position you will support the company in developing their websites & other digital platforms using best practices. You will also ensure the security of all digital platforms is of the highest level to prevent breaches & attacks.
* Develop the company's websites & other digital platforms according to the development strategy using best practices
* Ensure all websites, servers and data are secure minimising the threat of imminent cyber-attacks
* Ensure all websites are integrated with the company's CRM, email and other external systems
* Bring new ideas to the table ensuring the company websites are up to date and on point with current industry trends
* Monitor competitor's websites to ensure we are always one step ahead
* Provide recommendations and implement solutions to web based issues and challenges
* This is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities
Experience, Skills, Knowledge, and Qualifications:
* At least 2 years' experience as a developer, in-house, freelance or agency. Examples of work will be required
* An excellent understanding of cyber security and best practices with comprehensive stress testing
* Good knowledge of PHP, MySQL, nginx, play, javasript/jQuery, HTML5, CSS, LAMP set-up
* An excellent understanding of website databases, architecture and how they work
* The ability to write clean code using CSS, minimising global changes
* An understanding of front-end usability and accessibility
* Good knowledge of WordPress although this is not what the main site will be built on
* An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and best practices for development would be advantageous
* Experience with .htaccess and redirects
* An excellent understanding of the digital marketing industry
* Experience with page load speeds and how to minimise load times
* Understanding the importance & carry out user testing across browsers & devices
* The ability to work as part of a team and take individual responsibilities
* Exceptional attention to detail
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Excellent work ethic - trustworthy, reliable, committed and enthusiastic
* Understanding & interpreting creative briefs & brand guidelines
* Ability to communicate in a professional manner across different levels of a business and to a global customer base
* Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
* Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel. Adobe photo editing experience would be advantageous
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV & Cover Letter for this role.