IT Support Specialist - 1st & 2nd Line
||22nd November 2017
||£Competitive Plus Benefits
||£Competitive Plus Benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
OVO Energy is leading a new generation of energy providers with a fresh outlook and a unique way of doing business. We believe in creating a brighter future, fighting the good fight and doing right by our customers.
Now, we’re looking for an IT Support Specialist to act as a custodian of OVO’s live services, continuously improve user experience and ensure that customers are consistently happy with our tech services.
As an IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Work with all parts of the Technology Operations Team to ensure that a best-in-class service is provided
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for OVO’s IT related issues during support hours
- Prioritise support tickets based on business impact and urgency
- Administer and support key business-critical applications
- Operate in line with service levels and meet OVO service standards
- Proactively identify any recurring faults
- Manage OVO’s IT assets and take responsibility for configuration management
- Work with suppliers to deliver resolutions in-line with agreed plans and policies
Interested? To be considered, you’ll need:
- Previous experience of IT telephony and/or VoIP services
- Experience and knowledge of infrastructure, both data and voice technologies (including MPLS, VLAN, VPN, Terminal Services, firewalls, ISDN, SIP, VMware and remote hosting)
- Experience and knowledge of file and print technologies, OS build and deployment, Active Directory, Group Policy and Windows technologies
- A good understanding of end user and desktop hardware computing, including Google, Microsoft, contact centre and CRM applications
- Excellent configuration and/or troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- An understanding of technical interdependencies between end user devices and underpinning infrastructure
- An excellent educational background, ideally to degree level
Experience or knowledge of Agile methodologies would be beneficial, as would knowledge of ITIL and service management.
We’re eager to hear from candidates who have worked as an IT Support Specialist, IT Support Analyst, Technical Support Analyst, 1st Line Support Analyst, 2nd Line Support Analyst, IT Support Engineer, Helpdesk Technician or Service Desk Advisor.
What are the benefits?
- 25 days’ holiday plus an extra day on your birthday
- Additional 4% of your salary to spend on your lifestyle
- Video games and table tennis in the office
- Free breakfast every day, plus lunch on Fridays
- Lots of social events
- The chance to take part in hackathons, tech talks and even teach kids to code
- A clearly defined career path in which to improve your technical skills and/or progress
- The chance to work with a company listed as 20th in the Sunday Times best companies to work for in the UK
Webrecruit and OVO Energy are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
To apply for the role of IT Support Specialist, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.