Senior Java Developer
Help us to change the world of finance by challenging the way the industry thinks.
Delta Capita is a global professional services business, we FOCUS entirely on financial institutions. Delta Capita provide unique solutions to the industries problems; by creating bespoke technology, in collaborating with the markets leading fin-techs and in enabling banks to work together. We are a partner led business of EXPERIENCED market practitioners. We have worked for the institutions that we service, having lived the challenges, we possess an EMPATHY for our clients. We understand the realities of the business environment, limitations in; budget, capacity, capability, and time.
We have been on an incredible journey since the business launched in 2012, and the last 18 months which has seen us increase out headcount by 100% and our revenues by 180%. We are in five locations, with 130 staff, with a long way to go to reach our goal. Can you help us on our journey?
It is easy to describe what we do and how we do it, but the more important question is ‘why?’. We are committed to creating "a great place to work”, as a people business-it is essential that we invest and nurture our key product PEOPLE. We need great people to contribute to the evolution of our business and the continuation of our company culture. At Delta Capita we have created an OPEN, transparent environment, it is essential in realising change. It is why we work so hard to maintain a flat and open organisational structure, having experienced the negative effects of grandfathering in other environments. We have seen that DIVERSE teams innovate, perform and function better than their counterparts, more likely to bring new ideas and strategies that make a commercial difference.
The cornerstone our approach to Consulting is a desire to INNOVATE and do things differently. We want to work with people who share our ENTREPRENEURIAL mindset and to give them the tools and environment to realise their ideas. That’s why we host regular internal roundtable events, informal meetups and are committed to providing an open forum for ideas.
From the little things like free breakfast every morning and the monthly SOCIAL events through to our commitment to providing best in class training and OPPORTUNITIES to work GLOBALLY, we are always looking at ways to improve the employee experience. We know that consulting is a people business and we are dedicated to ensuring that the DC FAMILY are rewarded socially, intellectually, and financially when working with us
A Senior Developer is required to work on global programs within the banking space. The successful applicant will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the business applications for Investment Banking Clients. Working closely with the business the hire will be required to fit into a highly skilled team and work with limited supervision, under their own initiative.
The successful candidate will be eager to learn new languages, tools and techniques as well as proficient in Java and comfortable in an Agile development environment.
Skills / Responsibilities
• Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
• Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
• Experience with some of the following technologies; Kotlin, Angular, OracleSQL, Knockout.js, Node, React, Redux, MongoDB,
• Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
• Skill for writing reusable Java libraries
• Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
• Knack for writing clean, readable Java code
• Translate application storyboards and use cases into functional applications
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
• Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
• Experience with both external and embedded databases
• Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
• Basic understanding of the class loading mechanism in Java
• Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
• Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
• Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, and Jenkins
• Familiarity with continuous integration
To apply for this position please click the APPLY button!