||Save the Children
||Save the Children
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We are currently recruiting for a Test Manager to be based in our central London office. This is a great opportunity for a candidate looking to step up from a Test Lead/Snr Test Analyst role, with deep knowledge of automated testing of the front and back ends of systems, to work on a number of global projects involving enterprise application upgrades and new global system implementations. And to join an organisation supporting the most marginalised and deprived children globally.
As our Test Manager, you will proactively work with project managers, analysts, business leads and developers to identify testing requirements, create test strategies and QA plans, and ensure that testing activities are realistically estimated. You will also be responsible for organising and coordinating UAT, promoting QA, signing off on releases and reducing the number of bug related issues logged by users.
In order to be successful you’ll bring:
• Proven expertise in developing and implementing test strategy, test plans and test scripts
• Experience in testing front and back end systems (websites and databases)
• The ability to take ownership and responsibility of manual and automated testing processes, with exposure to one or more automated testing tools
• An understanding of software development methods and practices
• Proven experience of managing system changes through a release management lifecycle
• A demonstrable eye for detail, problem solving and resolution skills
• Some experience of mentoring/managing other testers
• Experience with one or more agile frameworks, with JIRA (and testing plugins), and experience of working with offshore project team members is desirable.
The role offers a competitive package.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Closing date for applications is 10th December.