Head of Product, Core Shopping Services
||Welwyn Garden City
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About Technology - Core Shopping Services Team
Tesco is one of the largest retailers in the world and our Core Shopping Services enable billions of £ of global transactions to safely and securely transact every year. Core Shopping Services comprise several product development teams covering:
* Customer Identity, Profile & Contact Services
* Search, Recommendations, & Content Management Services
* Transaction, Payment, Price, Stored Value Services
* Supplier Lifecycle Management Portal & Services
Tesco is an exciting place to be at the moment as we are evolving our platforms to innovate on behalf of our customers, differentiate Tesco as the most helpful place to shop, and scale globally. Many of these services were born in our Online business and we need the vision, strategy, and practical path to bring the best of a digital experience throughout the estate. We aspire to deliver relevant, frictionless shopping experiences through all Tesco touchpoints. This role will lead the global vision and road map for all our core shopping services. We are looking for inspiring leaders, if this sounds intriguing, give us a call.
The Role - Head of Product, Core Shopping Services
The Head of Core Shopping Services will manage several teams of product managers to deliver a coherent and consistent API suite. Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
* Define the long-term vision for Core Shopping Services across Tesco and own the agile delivery for a set of complex products with clearly defined outcomes within a product portfolio. Work cross-functionally with stakeholders, design, engineering, programme management etc to release value incrementally.
* Developers are customers too. Work with our architects to define and deliver consistent, secure, and simple to use standards for consuming our API suite. Unlock more value by enabling external developers to innovate for our customers on our platform.
* Responsible for taking multiple business ideas or unstructured problems from inception to production and building user-centric, scalable, world-class products that deliver significant business value.
* Foster a culture of empowered decision making and speed throughout your team. Build trusted relationships with stakeholders based on agreed outcomes and credible roadmaps to deliver on them.
* Lead/manage/recruit/inspire/develop a team of product managers to deliver impactful products with meaningful business outcomes, using your knowledge, judgment, and skill to ensure your team is working on the right priorities with right level of effectiveness.
* Set clear goals and KPIs for team members and periodically review all the KPIs owned by the team spanning across multiple products.
* Act as an advisor to the Director on team-related issues and strategic direction of the team and for overall portfolio of products required to deliver the business strategy within the unit.
* Enable your team to deliver results. Identify and remove impediments to ensure the team is successful in delivering the committed deliverables.
* Collaborate with Director to understand future demand and direction.
* Responsible for achieving or exceeding agreed product KPI improvements across all the Products owned/managed by the team.
* Understand the concepts of Systems Thinking and apply it to organize Products/Services and Teams accordingly.
* Manage resources within the constraints of the budget provided/allocated and effectively utilize available capacity across different ownership areas to drive prioritized work. * Maintain and establish new relationships with suppliers and business partners to deliver on your objectives.
* Responsible for making build vs buy decisions in collaboration with senior technology counterparts based on what is best for the product strategy.
* Create a culture of innovation and continuous improvement of delivery methodologies.
Key Skills and Experience
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
* Domain expertise in APIs and high-scale, low-latency services. Developers are customers too.
* Have proven success in setting product strategies and managing multiple products from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycles to achieve measurable success across defined KPIs.
* Experience in setting product objectives, goals and KPIs/metrics and leading the team to either achieve or exceed them.
* Experience making build vs. buy decisions and vendor selections through request for proposal processes.
* Experienced in capacity planning, forecasting and working with senior stakeholders to understand future demands and align allocation/ hiring.
* Efficient in stakeholder management and has ability to steer the team in the right direction by putting best team members in the most value generating products/ business priorities.
* Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context/approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
* Understand the impact of Tech debt and the value Tech upgrades can bring in, and can hold objective conversations with technology counterparts to prioritize it during any sprint.
* Have great prioritization and decision making skills and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation, etc.
To find out more information and to apply, please click the APPLY button.