Principal Consultant - General Insurance
||12th October 2017
||£75000 - £75000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Principal Consultant - General Insurance
Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £75,000 DOE + Extensive Benefits Package
Our client is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. They provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Their team is growing, so our client is on the lookout for a talented Principal Consultant to join their Business Consultancy Team, based at their Solihull office.
The purpose of the Principal Consultant will be -
To gather information through internal and external customer/staff interfaces and translate the requirements into concise Functional Specifications and/or Business Change recommendations. The Principal Consultant will provide fee-earning consultancy and services surrounding products in addition to Change Management opportunities. You will provide business expertise to internal and external customers, including identifying solutions to complex business issues and recommending enhancements to business workflow and processes.
Our client would like to meet a Principal Consultant with experience in the following -
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Insurance industry and its processes and procedures gained through academic study or direct experience
- Working knowledge of various computer-based Insurance applications
- An aptitude for analysing customer business requirements and application problems
- Experience working in/alongside a development environment, including specification/QA & testing
- Experience of working in a field consulting capacity for external customers and delivering complex solutions
- The ability to work to strict deadlines, both individually and as part of the team
- Proven ability within a mixed presales/delivery environment
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office and related products
- An understanding of HTML, ASP and XML would be advantageous
What’s in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you’ll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries, all with the one strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software.
- Generous salary and matching pension scheme.
- A clear, personal learning and development plan.
- Generous holiday allowance, free parking and subsidised gym memberships.
- Life insurance, cycle to work scheme and a large range of employee discounts and benefits.
As the Principal Consultant, you will:
- Gather information and translate the requirements into straightforward concise business and project documents
- Ensure that these documents enable the customer to fully appreciate the change documented and for development to be able to produce accurate Technical Specifications
- Identify solutions to complex business issues and opportunities
- Own the vision of the business solution for the customer, and articulate the solution requirements to the project and product teams
- Apply an application development methodology where appropriate and contribute to the production of the deliverables required at each stage of the project life cycle
- Provide software implementation & training expertise and guide clients through to a successful deployment
- Provide consultancy on best practice for the application, both on and off customer sites
- Maintain and extend awareness of competitor solutions in the marketplace
- Participate and when required, own aspects of the pre-sales and ITT response processes
- Develop, write and execute system test scripts and participate in internal quality reviews on new software
- Prepare system documentation and liaise with Development teams
- Provide input to implementation and development estimates
- Present formally and informally, progress data and other information to nominated parties including clients and senior management
- Facilitate gap analysis workshops with new or prospective clients to feed into the implementation and development scope of the project
- Report regularly to the Project Manager on the progress of all projects and advise on business priorities affecting the implementation plan
- Drive the customer forwards against the agreed implementation plan for configuring and testing the solution provided and anticipating/mitigating issues
- Consult with customers on how to improve their systems usage and propose solutions to business process issues and be seen by the customer as the ‘owner’ of the overall solution being implemented
- Verify that the solution arrived at meets business requirements prior to delivery
- Guide other members of the Business Consultancy team
- Provide the link between customers, developers and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development and project implementation life cycle
- Deputise for the Lead Business Consultant when requested.
A career with our client:
Our client believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best.
The company has a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and their values describe what makes them unique, and captures the spirit that runs through everything they do.
The Principal Consultant plays a crucial role in delivering our client’s vision and values through you, your team and the business.
To apply for the role of Principal Consultant (General Insurance), please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Principal Consultant, General Insurance, Lead Insurance Consultant, Senior Insurance Consultant, Insurance Manager, Business Consultant, Senior Broker, Senior Business Analyst, Business Change Manager, Insurance.