Software Developer / Engineer
||£40,000 - £60,000
||Dependent on Experience + Bonus + benefits
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is a rare opportunity for a Software Developer / Engineer to be involved with an exciting award winning start up in the oil & gas industry.
The opportunity is to manage a new software division in the company aiming to expand the company’s software portfolio. The job requires development of our own inspection software package as well as integration of other companies packages with testing and debugging. A new software dashboard design is also needed. We require a creative developer who can bring in new ideas.
This is a superb opportunity to join an established, forward-thinking, technology company in the oil & gas industry, meaning the successful candidate will have the opportunity to play an integral role in the development of new products.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities)
- Creating & working from design specifications
- Planning of software development timescales
- Development and improvement of new & existing software solutions
- Testing & debugging of software applications
- Supporting external customers & systems
- Integrating external systems
- Experience of standard programming codes.
- Good knowledge of hardware/software level interfacing
- Implementation of communications protocols (TCP/IP, serial communication, OPC etc.)
- Good analytical and development skills
- Strong time management skills
- Work independently (small team)
- Work to deadlines and respond effectively to customer requests.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to interface with customers.
- Good working knowledge of PC’s and Windows Operating Systems
- Work as an individual and as part of multi-disciplinary team
You are likely to be degree qualified in an Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or another similar science based discipline. Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the field of software engineering
£40,000 - £60,000 - dependent on experience.
Programming: 2 years
Required licences or certifications:
Full UK Driving Licence