Junior Frontend Web Developer
29th September 2016
£20000 - £26000
Recruitment Genius Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This digital agency's technical team specialise in Drupal development and have particular expertise in building e-commerce and multi-lingual content websites but they also create bespoke applications using a variety of technologies and API's.
As a member of the frontend team you'll work on a range of sites from high-profile to high-traffic and be passionate about all things frontend.
You'll have a keen eye for detail and passion for precision in your work. You'll be able to take designs and translate them into HTML and CSS, taking account for different devices and browser quirks. You'll be working closely with the design team as well as other developers to get the best result possible and be happy in testing your work on a wide range of devices.
The successful candidate will need to be a bright self-starter, ambitious and motivated to be successful at this company. They will need a great sense of humour, sharp mind and tenacious attitude. With these qualities, plus training and informal mentoring, the sky's the limit.
- are a self-starter who wants to work in a fast paced and exciting digital agency
- have an active interest in current web development and concepts, and a hunger to continually improve your skillset
- have a keen eye for detail
- possess a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- are able to work under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- are proactive in making suggestions and ideas when working on projects... then this is the role for you!
What they offer
- An enjoyable working environment; complete with BBQ terrace, pool table, table football, bar and office dog!
- Regular team social events
- Trip to various conferences
- Access to all the latest tools and software in used in development
- Your choice of machine to develop on (Windows / Mac / Linux, whatever you like)
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Private Healthcare
- Gym membership
- Part of a growing company with real say on development and growth as a company
- Be able to work in the UK, and be prepared to work in Hertford
- 1-2 year's experience of work (either for a company or a portfolio of your freelance work)
- Excellent knowledge of HTML (handcoded)
- Excellent knowledge CSS (handcoded)
- Experience building mobile-first responsive websites
- Experience with cross-browser development and browser testing
- Appreciation for building performant and lightweight sites
- Basic level of understanding in a server-side language such as PHP
- Very good verbal and written skills
- A degree in a Computing / Maths / Science / Technical / Engineering subject