Head of IT / Airport IT Manager
Job title: Head of IT / Airport IT Manager
Reports to: Finance Director
Purpose of the role
The Head of IT / IT Manager has local responsibility for the delivery of IT assets management, aligning IT deployment in a commercial and effective manner, managing the systems, maximising adoption of technologies and delivering on any strategic business change programmes through the use of both internal and external resources.
In line with the company's position of being one of the UK's leading Airports in the South-East, this role is responsible for leading the strategic and operational IT planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritising IT initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems across the organisation including:
- Supporting the design and deployment of a technical separation strategy from the Group IT's centralised function, that allows the Airport to operate as a ‘standalone entity'
- Supporting the implementation of a two-to-three-year Digital Transformation Strategy to support the company's vision, ensuring that innovation, security, reliability, cost and utilisation are the cornerstones of any implementation.
- Work with the senior management team to horizon scan for new technologies, provide solutions and services to the business that retain and increase competitive advantage.
- Ensure security remains central to IT implementation and the use of Keeping current with risks, threats, vulnerabilities and regulatory requirements relating to the security of the company's data and that of its employees and clients.
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Responsibility for implementation of technology requirements of DfT, CAA, and HomeOffice, such as NIST Cybersecurity framework and CAP1753.
- Define, develop and communicate the company's technology plans, policies, and standards for the organisation for acquiring, implementing, and operating IT systems (including security policy communications to 3rd Party technology suppliers)
- Ensure that solutions and proposals are scale-able, flexible and enable the business to operate with agility and embrace change without impacting productivity.
- Fully manage the cradle-to-grave lifecycle of the company's technology assets (inc. asset management)
Financial & Relationships
- Identify opportunities for appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources, including staffing, sourcing, purchasing etc.
- Work with the CFO to manage the IT budget, employ robust and auditable processes and ensure rigor is applied to challenging prices internally and with 3rd Party suppliers.
- Manage the IT service supplier relationships including the 3rd party IT support Helpdesk alongside other external suppliers, ensuring that the optimum services and supplies are procured and that contracts engaged into are fit for purpose and meet the business need.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including the government agencies (CAA etc.), vendors, and partner organisations.
- Identify opportunities where existing and new systems can improve processes and working practices to bring efficiencies and more effective use of systems. Producing process maps, requirements catalogues/user stories and data analysis where required.
- Establish IT departmental goals, objectives, and operating
- Delivery of department business plan, budget and team capacity
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the needs of the
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organisation of all IT staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
- Motivate and develop team members, through range of performance management
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
Business Applications Specialist
- To promote the use and progression of modern technology and collaboration principles, including the day-to-day administration/configuration of mainstream software applications. Problem solving any issues with software applications. Liaising with third party providers on issues, development and improvements. Ensuring all software updates are applied, tested and communicated to the business users
- Commercially astute with proven track record of aligning to, and supporting Business Strategy and client requirements.
- Experience and interest of identification and application of new technologies to drive competitive
- Exceptional client service ethos to champion the development of IT service provision and technology adoption.
- Experience managing and/or directing an IT/business operation with a proven track record of successfully delivering IT business plans.
- Career IT Professional with demonstrable evidence of continued professional
- Knowledge of business processes within a customer facing operational environment, management, budgeting, and other business operations.
- Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration
- Excellent understanding of project management
- Proven leadership ability, able to motivate staff to deliver high quality output in line with set
Key Technology Competencies:
- Microsoft Cloud based solutions:
- Exchange, Azure, SharePoint
- LAN / WAN infrastructure, TCP/IP, Security, Firewalls
- Microsoft Windows Server environments (cloud and on premise)
- High exposure to Anti-Virus, Malware & Cyber defense technologies
- High exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, cloud-based enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
- Office 365, PowerApps and PowerBI
- MFD's including Konica Minolta and HP
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Full UK driving license
Job ID: 3307098