IT Project Manager
Our Client is Global Leader in the pharmaceutical World.
They are looking to recruit an IT Project Manager with at least 10 years proven expertise as a Project Manager.
The Project Manager is responsible for a set of projects (investments including the systems and organization change management within the business community).
The Client has many projects underway. This role is for the management of projects with significant IT infrastructure and systems work content.
- Work with Systems Analysts and Business Process Champions to clarify project objectives and constraints.
- Estimate resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Work closely with project sponsor, Business Process Champions, and cross-functional teams to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and detailed schedule for proposed projects.
- Implement and manage changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Work with other managers to identify and manage risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the organization.
- Take responsibility for setting the agenda, driving issues forward and quickly identify the root cause of any problem.
- Perform team-based project planning, implementation, and reporting using informal/formal program/project and risk management tools and techniques to mitigate cost, schedule, and technical impacts to the organization.
- Lead the review/assessment of proposed projects and investments to establish executable and achievable plans within the proposed schedule, budget, and customer proposal requirements.
- Actively manage a critical path which allows for a line of sight into risk/issues before they have project/program impact
- During project execution, confirm internal team consensus that the organization is positioned for success; resolve conflicts among the team.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about project status, risks, mitigations, dependencies, adjustments, and progress.
- Manage work with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating expected deliverables
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
- Monitor progress and make adjustments as needed
- Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- At least 8 years of IT project management and related experience
- Excellent knowledge of information technology aspects, specifically with IT infrastructure environments and business systems implementations
- Strong track of managing IT projects in a global environment that involve mergers & acquisitions, ERP systems, networking, voice, compliance, IT security, software development, and working with vendors
- Proven ability to work with IT teams, business stakeholders, and external vendors
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Experience managing projects through standard project lifecycle methodologies (waterfall and hybrid)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Excellent planning and organization ability with time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities with management and leadership qualities Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Motivated and curious, willing to ask questions, research issues and take on challenging projects/assignments; creative, brings innovative ideas to the table, exhibits self-confidence.
- Has strong achievement motivation and tenacity.
- Possesses ability to organize and follow-through on multiple tasks. Recognizes and attends to vital details with accuracy and efficiency. Effectively prioritizes work of staff members. Works to complete goals, tasks, and plans.
- Anticipates potential problems and analyzes alternative solutions.
- Develops/maintains effective working relationships by listening attentively to others.
- Communicates ideas clearly (written & verbal) while relating to people in an open/ sincere manner and participating effectively in meetings.
- This individual will also assist in finding solutions as well as identifying problems; communicates appropriately with team members and project stakeholders. Able to manage other individuals and maintain calm and reliable demeanor in the face of challenges.
- The project manager will adapt readily to change, work effectively in stressful situations, need limited guidance and direction and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Diagnoses problems efficiently, gathers sufficient input before making decisions or plans, makes timely decisions, quickly determines sources of problems, identifies information needed to solve problems and analyzes and communicates issues with effective alternative solutions to team.
- Sensitive & responsive to internal customer needs, maintains a positive attitude, willing to listen to customer problems and seeks solutions and stays in tune with changing needs of customers.
The Client is based in Trumbull CT USA
The salary for this role will be circa $100K - $120K.
Please send your CV to us in Word format along with your salary and availability.
Job ID: 3306755