Senior Data Engineer - Hedge Fund
Senior Data Engineer (SQL Python API Snowflake DBT) London to £110k
Are you a tech savvy Data Engineer with experience of working in Front Office / Hedge Fund / Asset Management environments?
You could be progressing your career in a senior, hands-on role at a Hedge Fund with over $10 billion under management.
As a Senior Data Engineer you'll join a talented team responsible for expanding the Data Platform, encompassing Data Pipelines, Data Warehousing, consumption APIs and BI tools, enhancing the Data Platform to facilitate strategic insights from Investment and Risk data. You'll be working on projects across Portfolio Management, Risk, Quant, Economics, and Front Office teams.
You'll be working with a modern tech stack that is evolving to a cloud first platform, adopting new infrastructure on Azure including Data Factory, Blob and other PaaS solutions. You'll focus on scaling the data infrastructure, developing API / reporting solutions, and promoting broader data access; developing data pipelines to extract / load / transform data at enterprise scale across an array of Azure cloud services, Snowflake Data Warehouse, and DBT framework.
Location / WFH:
You'll join colleagues in the London office Monday to Thursday with Friday work from home; there's a friendly and collaborative environment with casual dress code and a range of facilities.
- You're an experienced Data Engineer within a financial environment e.g. Front Office / Hedge Fund / Asset Management
- You have experience of handling datasets across batch files, API, and streaming from internal and external sources
- You have experience with Snowflake and DBT to onboard new datasets, develop data models and build data transformation pipelines
- You have experience with data orchestration and ETL pipelines using tools such as Azure Data Factory or Airflow
- You have a strong understanding of Data Modeling, Data Warehousing concepts, and query optimisation for large complex datasets
- You have strong SQL and Python development skills along with software engineering best practices including Agile methodologies, DevOps, GIT and CI/CD pipelines
- You have strong analysis and problem solving skills
- You're collaborative with great communication skills, used to working with Front Office
Salary & benefits:
As a Senior Data Engineer you will earn a competitive salary (to £110k) plus significant bonus earning potential and benefits including pension, healthcare and much more.
Apply now or call to find out more about this Senior Data Engineer (SQL Python API Snowflake DBT) opportunity.
At Client Server we believe in a diverse workplace that allows people to play to their strengths and continually learn. We're an equal opportunities employer whose people come from all walks of life and will never discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The clients we work with share our values.
Contact Name: Data Team
Job ID: 3306212