Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
Job title: Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
Location: Warton or Frimley. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £45000 + depending on experience
What you'll be doing:
- Support development of strategy and continual service improvement for the Cyber Security assurance function
- Conduct formal reviews and assessments of activities, processes, products or services against contractual and organisational obligations
- Collect, collate and examine records as part of evidence of compliance
- Support and facilitate the delivery of cyber security assessments that are aligned to the business objectives and overall company strategy
- Provide reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the annual compliance program
- Contribute to formal assessments on data, products and service by examining records for evidence and identifying non-compliances, non-conformances and abnormal occurrences
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge of Cyber Security Assurance Frameworks such as NIST CSF, DefStan 05-138 or ISO 27k
- Broad knowledge of the core principles of cyber security assurance and compliance, ideally within a technology environment
- Past experience of conducting risk based assurance reviews and assessments, providing evidence analysis and interpreting the information to stakeholders
- Has an appreciation of the enterprise business context
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructures
- Knowledge of the principles of Security by Design (SbD)
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Working for one of the largest defence companies in the world, this exciting opportunity is to work within the CISO's team, reporting into the Head of Cyber Security Assurance and Compliance within the Governance, Risk and Compliance function. You will be responsible for conducting Cyber Security assurance activities in line with an agreed annual compliance program. This is a fantastic opportunity to build on your technical capability providing you with global exposure.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Contact Name: Nigel Priestley
Job ID: 3305970