Production Leader - Trim & Final Assembly
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
A production leader role in FA3 is to lead, motivate and develop your team to achieve outstanding business results and a culture of continuous growth and improvement by developing your people.
This role will also hold responsibility for the adherence to standards and processes, ensuring the highest standards are achieved and managing the team in problem solving to ensure sustained improvements to business performance.
As this role will be worked on a roatating shift pattern, Shift Allowance will be provided where Shift Allowance has been approved
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Development of your team driving a culture of empowerment, continuous improvement and people development.
- Provide day to day supervision and support to the operational team in the completion vehicle production and to ensure scorecard metrics such as Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Morale and Environment are met.
- Ensure unauthorised attendance targets are achieved through disciplined approach to absence management.
- Comply to Health and Safety procedures by ensuring all safety metrics are achieved, including identifying safety hazards and risks and ensuring corrective action implemented and ensures the team receive appropriate training.
- Support the achievement of Safety standards by ensuring all safety metrics are achieved, risks identified and mitigated, and corrective action implemented for any accidents.
- Support the management and maintenance of site-specific working practices such as Work Element Sheet (WES), Step Repairs, Master Schedule, 5s, Automated Issues Management System (AIMS).
- Work on internal and external quality metrics and contribute to the development of action plans for the continuing achievement and maintenance of quality standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Integrated Production System, Manufacturing Quality Operating Standard and Launch Quality Operating System processes.
- Conduct containment reviews to aid the implementation of permanent part, process and engineering fixes.
- Update, maintain and communicate workgroup objectives through the use of workgroup briefs.
- Supports associate and team development.
- Define workplace organisation requirement and ensure adherence with the 5S standard.
- Use continuous improvement tools effectively with the operational team to drive out waste.
- Maintain department records for audit purposes and to be the main point of contact for all relevant auditing process.
- Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- People focused manager, who understands and demonstrates success with people, team and culture.
- Previous experience of supervising teams to meet deadlines and quality targets.
- Experience of vehicle build and delivery processes and procedures.
- Ability to solve problems and naturally strive for continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering safety metrics.
- Knowledge of Quality Operating Systems procedures & deliverables.
- Working knowledge and experience of off track/post build process activity.
- Ability to coordinate and motivate a team.