Transmission Controls Project Lead
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
We are searching for a Transmission Software Project Lead to be a part of the Transmissions & Transmission Software Delivery Team. You will be working within a multi-disciplinary team to contribute to the delivery of Software and Systems engineering for Vehicle Programmes meeting all defined targets on cost, quality and time.
The project leader will manage and coordinate all activities (development, testing, validation) between project stakeholders (calibration teams, control teams, product owner, supplier). They will be responsible to secure on time releases for all vehicle project applications.
Ultimately, the Project Leader will contribute to develop best product in term of quality, costs, and features. A strong leadership will be required to monitor the full project boundaries and lead all the teams toward successful deliveries.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage communication of programme status and timings
- Coordinate daily activities to deliver all application project.
- Manage programme requirements, evaluate resource impacts and build plan accordingly.
- Lead calibration and controls issues resolutions
- Maintain project plans, resource usage trackers, reporting project status and project pack.
- Manage Programme KPI
- Secure resources, such as vehicles, rigs and spares
- Manage vehicle activities and first level of decision for validation priority.
- Certification Alignment.
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting Squads/Chapters within the team and wider organisation to deliver against gateway requirements
WHAT YOU;LL NEED
- Experience in project management within Software and/or Systems Engineering environment
- Understanding of Powertrain and Powertrain Systems
- Extensive experience in the management of programme requirements and content
- Some working within an Automotive OEM or large Tier 1 in a product development role
- Significant experience in planning and delivery of complex multi-disciplinary projects in an automotive mechanical or electronics environment using a "Gateway" based process
- Experience in supplier management
We are looking for an individual with a customer-first mindset who is easy to do business with and makes people feel special, driven to deliver experiences that are personalised, transparent and dependable. Furthermore, somebody who works independently and is results-driven, demonstrating tenacity, drive and perseverance with the ability to deliver operational plans in a complex, highly demanding environment.
You'll be a resilient and enthusiastic character who responds constructively to new ideas and inputs, along with having the capability to combine a short-term, pragmatic focus with medium-term planning.
Engaging and influencing to work through complex problems also comes naturally to you!