EMC Test Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role will contribute to the Electro-magnetic Compatibility (EMC) sign off for vehicles or components from concept to end of volume production to ensure all vehicles meet the necessary legislative, corporate requirements and quality attributes. As the EMC Test Engineer, you'll support the delivery of EMC tests at component and vehicle level and work closely with electrical engineering to support the cycle plan moving forward.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the EMC sign off vehicles or components from concept to end of volume production to ensure all vehicles meet the necessary legislative, corporate requirements and quality attributes.
- Conduct the component and vehicle EMC tests at the facility in Gaydon
- Liaise with customers from EE, workshop and facility staff to set up, run, and report on tests to meet programme requirements.
- Provide technical feedback on test performance and any fault identification to customer engineers.
- Support customer with any investigative testing to resolve any EMC issues found.
- Support EMC Operations with maintaining facilities, carrying out TPM and partaking in calibration activities.
- Pro-actively assist in creation and refinement of activity processes and procedures in the Electrical Test facility.
- Engage with the implement of all Health & Safety, ISO45001, ISO14001, TS16949, COSHH & "Lean" procedures and standards as required by the business.
- Ensure high levels of Facility tidiness and cleanliness at all times inline with company process (5s, Office Standards)
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Educated to ONC, NVQ level 3 in an electrical / electronic based discipline.
- Good understanding of vehicle electrical and/or electronic systems and testing techniques.
- Competent IT skills, especially MS Excel & Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Must be self-motivated, keen to take on responsibility, able to work individually as well as part of a cross functional collaborative team.
- Able to gain respect and support of others within and outside the immediate team structure.
- Creative and open to new ideas, test processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of EMC testing
- Knowledge and familiarity of advanced diagnostic techniques, Network management and associated software packages (ASL. CORVUS, CANalyser, PICOSCOPE etc). Previous experience within engineering or programme planning departments.
- Knowledge of programme delivery.