IT Services Specialist (Student HPC)
Come and join IT Services at a UK top 10 university. We are at the forefront of supporting the digital campus, protecting, and securing our IT systems, and developing strategies to take us forward in a rapidly evolving world. Whatever stage you are at in your career, Loughborough University provides a vibrant, dynamic experience. The atmosphere on campus is friendly and relaxed and offers fantastic facilities for staff to use.
Do you have a strong working knowledge of Linux servers in a production environment, UNIX shell (bash), Perl, Python, experiencing of compiling code from source, etc?
We are looking for an IT Services Specialist (Linux System Administrator) with a focus on supporting the HPC service in its expansion to taught-course student users this role will provide specialist knowledge and skills in the support, maintenance, and development of the University's High-Performance Computing (HPC) and other Research HPC infrastructure.
The University HPC is based upon Linux systems including high-performance storage systems and interconnects, and all supporting applications and monitoring systems.
The role will be involved assisting with the full lifecycle of testing, procurement, configuration, deployment, re-configuration, fault finding and decommissioning of server and storage equipment.
As a member of IT Services, you can expect:
- Support in developing your career, allowing you to progress towards your goals in a friendly environment.
- Development opportunities including exposure to a wide breadth of technologies.
- Work closely with all our partners from across the university to support digital transformation and deliver outstanding levels of service that are recognised as the best in the country by our students in the national student survey.
- A supportive dynamic working policy with flexible home/hybrid working where possible.
- A superb 440-acre green site in the heart of Leicestershire with first-rate facilities, plenty of open space, gardens, and sports areas.
- A great salary and benefits package, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
There is a sense of pride across campus; employees are proud to be part of our continuous success and are an essential part of achieving all that we do. It's not just students that arrive in Loughborough for the first day of their future - we want our staff to feel the same too.
Diversity of experience, thought and perspective enriches our university and the lives of its community. It is crucial to our ongoing development as an international institution. We strive to create a culture that supports equity and celebrates diversity throughout the campus, and we are actively seeking to make our team more diverse.
Applications for job-sharing, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
Whatever area of IT you work in, if you're looking to make things happen then we're looking for you.
Job ID: 3304747