Senior Technical Developer - CGI
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This role works as part of the Tech and Data Hub Development team, responsible for the utilisation of software APIs with various programming languages, to enable automation, validation, and optimisation for maximised business efficiency and quality; all produced and compliant to Business and Tech and Data Hub technical processes and standards.
The primary purpose of this lucrative position is to undertake successful research, development and deployment of productionised working methods/processes - as well as the programmed tools/applications/scripts and technical systems to support Vehicle Design, Materiality, Brand and Customer Ready workstreams. Key features of the role include code programming, source control, application development and systems integration - all with a collaborative, professional approach.
There will be scope to maintain and adapt internal processes to improve efficiency and quality of current and future capabilities and toolsets, aligned to departmental functional and wider business transformation, and strategic imperatives.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
There are five key areas in which this role operates:
- Research and Strategy - Research of new working methods/processes, programmed tools/scripts/applications, general digital tools across any department within local function, and technical systems to support its varying customer requirements and business transformation.
- Computer programming - Producing clean, efficient code based on specifications to enable automation, validation, and optimisation for maximised business efficiency and quality.
- Testing and Deployment - Testing of tools/applications/scripts and ensure the supported delivery of improved production processes to enhance the department and business efficiency, as well as maintaining systems once they have been deployed into production.
- Technical documentation - Create clear technical documentation for reference and reporting. These documents will also serve as support documentation for audit compliance and annual processes inside the business.
- Digital Futuring and Development optimisation - Support the development of tools/applications/scripts and technical systems to service new and existing methods and processes, in a centralised way to all functional departments.
As a Senior in this role, you will need to be accountable and ensure optimal quality of own work produced, as well as constructively critiquing work created by others in the Development Team. You will need to identify areas to develop Tech and Data Hub processes and standards through continuous improvement in collaboration with the team and support development sub-team with detailed knowledge of Tech and Data Hub development Standards and Processes.
As an area for your development, you should be willing to offer mentoring and training support across all key features of the role and associated packages as well as undertaking and owning any other work as directed by management in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Strong Python knowledge.
- Blueprint coding for Unreal Engine experience, with interest in expanding current knowledge.
- Strong knowledge in CGI content production processes and applications (e.g. Unreal Engine, Maya / VRay / Photoshop / Nuke).
- Strong knowledge of key content development and creation platforms to support cross-functional business use cases (VR/AR/MR - Realtime rendering - Application Authoring).
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and VS code.