M365 Platform Delivery Manager
About IT Services
IT Services at The University of Manchester is a diverse, fast-moving department that provides the technology that helps the University further its world-leading reputation. We're currently looking to recruit a new Network Architect to join us on our journey. Find out more about our organisation and values: click apply.
The M365 Team is part of the Platform and Innovation department and plays a fundamental role in supporting the University's enterprise collaboration tools and services. The team look after the Microsoft 365 platform, file sharing, storage solutions and other IT collaboration services.
The M365 Platform Delivery Manager leads a team of developers and application analysts. The postholder will be responsible for optimising the team's performance by ensuring that staff are motivated, clear on their objectives, focused on continuous improvement and empowered to find creative solutions that will add value to the service. The M365 Platform Delivery Manager will be accountable for service availability, cost of ownership and collaborative prioritisation of feature releases and configuration in partnership with key stakeholders. The postholder will be responsible for planning resources; scheduling work; monitoring progress against timescales; anticipating and avoiding potential incidents; and responding to issues and requests raised by stakeholders.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of leading and managing an IT team and developing and sustaining a high-performance culture.
- Experience in managing enterprise collaboration platforms, including Microsoft 365, file sharing and storage solutions, and other collaboration IT services.
- Knowledge of emerging trends with respect to M365 technologies and service management.
- Proven experience in managing third-party partners for service delivery and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Proven ability to work effectively with key stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements, manage expectations and keep them apprised of delivery progress.
- Familiarity with product management techniques, such as backlog management, to effectively prioritise and manage projects.
- Strong delivery management, organisational, and communication skills.
What you can expect in return
- As well as a competitive salary, and working for an internationally recognised University
- A generous annual leave entitlement plus bank holidays
- Closure between the Christmas and New Year periods - this is in addition to your annual leave entitlement
- Access to a comprehensive employee assistance programme, supporting your physical, mental, and financial health and legal advice
- Leading pensions schemes, travel season tickets loans, workplace nursery, staff networking groups discounts for all the family to enjoy and so much more.
- Training, career opportunities and career progression.
- To see all of our benefits, visit our site.
If you are interested in being part of our friendly and support Resource Management team, we want to hear from you. Please make sure that when applying for this role you address the criteria set out in the person specification, as well as the specific requirements and experience listed above.
As an equal opportunities employer we welcome applicants from all sections of the community regardless of age, sex, gender (or gender identity), ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and transgender status. All appointments are made on merit.
Our University is positive about flexible working - you can find out more by clicking apply.
Hybrid working arrangements may be considered.
Please note that we are unable to respond to enquiries, accept CVs or applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Any CV's submitted by a recruitment agency will be considered a gift.
Job ID: 3304270