Born from the successful launch of Chase in 2021, we're a team dedicated to creating customer-centric products that address real-world problems. Our success hinges on our people-first approach, fostering an environment that encourages skill development, collaboration, curiosity, and commitment.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the accelerator, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects - and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we're looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique - and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference - on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world
- Deliver end-to-end cutting-edge solutions in the form of cloud-native microservice architecture applications leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices.
- Design and implement technical solutions written in Java/Kotlin
- Write unit, component, integration, end-to-end & performance tests
- Contribute to microservice architecture design
- Support the products you've built through their entire life cycle, including production and incident management
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on Java/Kotlin concepts and proficient advanced experience
- Experience building RESTful APIs and microservices with any of: Spring Boot, Micronaut, Quarkus
- Experience building solutions on at least one Cloud platform (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working on globally distributed applications with strict consistency requirements (example platforms: Wise, PayPal) & knowledge of modern software architecture patterns
- Strong relational database skills
- Knowledge of Kubernetes (or some other container orchestration platform) and Docker
- Knowledge of Kafka/Pulsar
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Job ID: 3304206