Principal Software Engineer - Java
Originating from Chase in 2021, we are a team dedicated to creating customer-centric products. Our success relies on collaboration, curiosity, and commitment, nurtured in an environment promoting skill development.
As a Principal Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects - and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we're looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique - and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference - on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.
- Engage with business stakeholders to break down complex and ambiguous problems into technical specifications that an engineering team can implement under your guidance
- Lead and participate in regular technical meetings, ensuring that architectural decisions align with the broader organizational goals and strategy
- Own and deliver end-to-end cutting-edge solutions leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices
- Will design and implement technical solutions written in Java/Kotlin
- Will write unit, component, integration, end-to-end & performance tests
- Will have the ability to influence not just the technology strategy but the shape the product as well
- Will support the products you've built through their entire life cycle, including production and incident management
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on Java concepts and proficient expert experience
- Experience with different architecture patterns & appreciation of their trade offs (microservices, event driven, hexagonal, cloud native)
- Hands-on experience in architecting large-scale distributed systems with high degree of availability, fault-tolerance & scalability in any domain
- Experience building RESTful APIs with any of: Spring Boot, Micronaut, Quarkus
- Experience building solutions on at least one Cloud platform (AWS, GCP)
- Curious and comfortable with exploring new domains with the ability to consider both the technology & product angle
- A desire to teach others and share knowledge. We aren't looking for hero developers, more for team players. We want you to coach other team members on coding practices, design principles, and implementation patterns
- Comfortable in uncharted waters. We are building something new. Things change quickly. We need you to learn technologies and patterns quickly
- Ability to see the long term. We don't want you to sacrifice the future for the present. We want you to choose technologies and approaches based on the end goals.
- High standards. We are looking for people who expect personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Knowledge of security topics such as authentication, authorization, IdP, OAuth2/OIDC, zero-trust architectures, PKI are beneficial but not mandatory
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Job ID: 3304205