Front End Lead Software Engineer - React Native
Originating from Chase in 2021, we are a team dedicated to creating customer-centric products. Our success relies on collaboration, curiosity, and commitment, nurtured in an environment promoting skill development.
As a Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects - and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we're looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique - and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference - on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world.
- Manage the end-to-end process developing Android and iOS mobile apps for a new venture, leveraging the latest technologies and the best industry practices
- Shape the design and participate in the implementation of the app
- Build and ship new features to create a functional and engaging experience that will delight our users
- Design, review, write and test code - this is hands-on engineering role, and you will be directly involved in all steps of the process
- Build for resilience and reliability, ensuring consideration for ongoing maintenance requirements
- Mentor and provide feedback to teammates to build a strong engineering culture
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on React Native concepts and proficient advanced experience
- Experience in a full TypeScript codebase
- A deep understanding of mobile stability and monitoring
- Strong experience writing clean, testable, high-quality code and designing highly scalable systems in production
- Native application development across Android / iOS in Kotlin / Swift
- Solid understanding of API architectural patterns
- Writing and architecting tests across different levels
- Familiarity with build pipelines and tools
- Practical cloud native experience
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Job ID: 3304204