Originating from Chase in 2021, we are a team dedicated to creating customer-centric products. Our success relies on collaboration, curiosity, and commitment, nurtured in an environment promoting skill development.
As a Lead Software Engineer at at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you are the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. You have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By your nature, you are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. You thrive in working in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects - and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
While we're looking for professional skills, culture is just as important to us. We understand that everyone's unique - and that diversity of thought, experience and background is what makes a good team, great. By bringing people with different points of view together, we can represent everyone and truly reflect the communities we serve. This way, there's scope for you to make a huge difference - on us as a company, and on our clients and business partners around the world
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on Java concepts and proficient advanced experience
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Demonstrated proficiency in software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline
- Practical cloud experience e.g. AWS
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Job ID: 3304203