Lead Software Engineer - Java - Developer Experience
We know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience from a bank they can trust, so we launched our digital bank, Chase, to revolutionise mobile banking with seamless journeys that our customers love. We're already trusted by millions in the US and we're quickly catching up in the UK - but how we do things here is a little different. We're building the bank of the future from scratch, channelling our start-up mentality every step of the way - meaning you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As a Lead Software Engineer, at JP Morgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank, you will be working as part of our developer experience team. You will be collaborating with architecture, product and cloud engineers, helping to define solutions and strategies.
Our Developer Experience team is at the heart of this venture, focused on getting smart ideas into the hands of our customers. We're looking for people who have a curious mindset, thrive in collaborative squads, and are passionate about new technology. By their nature, our people are also solution-oriented, commercially savvy and have a head for fintech. We work in tribes and squads that focus on specific products and projects - and depending on your strengths and interests, you'll have the opportunity to move between them.
- Formal training or certification on software development lifecycle concepts and proficient advanced experience.
- Architect, evolve and promote solutions.
- Advocate good practices and principles through documentation and training.
- Create alignment with stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Excellent knowledge of software development lifecycle including instrumentation, analysis and optimisation.
- Excellent knowledge of continuous integration and delivery principles and tools.
- Excellent knowledge of workflows and build promotion cycle.
- Excellent knowledge of observability principles and implementation.
- Good knowledge of Spring Boot and associated modules.
- Excellent knowledge of Micro-Service and Event-Driven architectures.
- Good knowledge of containerisation, including Kubernetes and ecosystem.
- Good knowledge of automation tools and infrastructure as code.
- Good knowledge of platform testability.
- Experience with cloud solutions- either AWS or GCP.
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Good knowledge of Kafka and ecosystem, preferably Streams and Connect.
- Good knowledge of microservices and event-driven architectures.
- Good knowledge of automation tools and infrastructure as code, preferably Terraform and Helm.
- Good writing skills, capable of producing supporting documentation.
- Team leading skills, capable of helping driving initiatives and strategies.
- Experience with shell scripting and other languages as Go, Kotlin and Python.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Job ID: 3304201