Senior Lead Software Engineer - Lead
We know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience from a bank they can trust, so we launched our digital bank, Chase, to revolutionise mobile banking with seamless journeys that our customers love. We're already trusted by millions in the US and we're quickly catching up in the United Kingdom - but how we do things here is a little different. We're building the bank of the future from scratch, channelling our start-up mentality every step of the way - meaning you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact.
As a Senior Lead Software Engineer at JPMorgan Chase within the International Consumer Bank division and Invest team, you will be one of the trusted technical authorities within the organisation. You will be a member of our architecture team, working embedded with our backend teams. You will be taking shared ownership of the long-term architectural vision of the platform, collaborating with team member contributors to evolve and simplify solutions.
- Architect, evolve and promote solutions.
- Advocate good practices and principles through documentation and training.
- Create alignment with stakeholders, both technical and non-technical.
- Be a trusted technical authority within your Product area and chapter.
Required qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Significant professional experience.
- Excellent architecture knowledge. Capable of design solutions meeting scalability, reliability and security requirements.
- Excellent knowledge of Java and its ecosystem.
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Boot and associated modules.
- Excellent knowledge of Micro-Service and Event-Driven architectures.
- Good knowledge of Kafka and ecosystem, including Streams and Connect.
- Good knowledge of platform testability and observability.
- Good knowledge of CI/CD pipelines and tools.
- Experience driving cross-function technical initiatives.
- Experience with cloud environments (ideally AWS) and infrastructure-as-code (ideally Terraform)
Preferred qualifications, capabilities and skills
- Experience with domain-driven design.
- Good writing skills, capable of producing supporting documentation.
- Team leading skills, capable of helping driving initiatives and strategies.
- Experience with other languages as Go, Kotlin and Python.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
ABOUT THE TEAM
High Risk Roles (HRR) are sensitive roles within the technology organization that require high assurance of the integrity of staff by virtue of 1) sensitive cybersecurity and technology functions they perform within systems or 2) information they receive regarding sensitive cybersecurity or technology matters. Users in these roles are subject to enhanced pre-hire screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks (as allowed by law). The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
Job ID: 3304195