IS Delivery Programme Manager - Data
Information Services and Security have a vital role to play in a crucial national mission. We're here to enable the organisation to deliver through the use of technology. As AWE transforms itself to meet the needs of the UK's next-generation nuclear deterrent, we need to adapt to deliver data-driven decision making, flexible and future-proofed IT services, adaptable cyber security, support to a multi-billion Pound building programme, and many more.
The scale might be daunting to some, but you'll find it stimulating. We've got a long journey that we've only just started and we're looking for motivated people who can take us in the right direction. Your role will contribute directly to that shared mission. We won't deceive you, in some areas we're starting from a low base, but within ten years this organisation will look very different, and you can help make that happen. This is a role where you'll contribute to a legacy of national security for decades to come. So come and join us.
AWE are embarking upon a business-wide transformation and our applications are central to our success.
We seek an IS/IT Programme Manager (Data) who will be accountable to the Head of IS Modernisation for the delivery of areas of a highly complex (£30m) programme of change to time, cost, and quality, compliant with AWE and Information Services (IS) processes, and for the day-to-day management of the resources involved.
Location - Reading area.
Salary - from £58,640
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
* To oversee and manage delivery of the data projects within the highly complex IS Capability delivery programme to time, cost and quality, compliant with AWE processes. * Lead the Capability Delivery Programme defining the strategic milestones and operational priorities and plans in line with the strategic objectives set by the Head of IS Modernisation. * To manage those elements of the Modernisation cost centre that sit within their programme ensuring forecasts are met, work is delivered within the agreed budgets and that changes are approved in accordance with CA19 policy and governance. * Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security, and quality and be a great team player.
* To manage the performance and behaviour of employees and contractors engaged in IS delivery activity ensuring appropriately trained and qualified people are available when required.
- Manage the delivery programme activity with focus on governance (compliance and reporting).
- Management of multiple resources across the delivery space (people, money).
- Services delivered to agreed Service Level agreements / contracts.
- Licence compliance against signed / agreed contracts / agreements.
- Active Management and delivery to an agreed budget
- Monthly Forecasting, reporting and explanation of Actuals.
- Direct and initiate change against the Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB).
- Direct, initiate and perform risk and opportunity identification and subsequent actions.
- Management of data migration delivery for agreed types/routes.
- Manage and direct all data transfer aspects of IS Projects and other tasked activity.
- Manage application migrations for both new and existing application updates/patches.
- Manage the development of new migration scripts and data transfer technologies.
- Manage and oversee OPSWAT Kiosk software licensing, commissioning and decommissioning for all deployed Hardware and oversee central core management and maintenance carried out by information Assurance.
- Engagement with IS Project Managers, ICKM, Architects, Analysts, data transfer delivery resources, Information asset owners and other stakeholders to provide SME guidance and ensure:
- a full understanding of new data transfer requirements
- agreed data transfer approaches are developed and communicated.
- data transfer activities are tested in-line with Project requirements and security.
- Engagement with internal stakeholders and external suppliers to ensure.
- data scanning assets are licensed and provisioned.
- technical data scanning assets are commissioned and decommissioned in-line with organisational requirements (AWE sites, as well as partner sites)
- new requirements to enhance data scanning capacity are assessed and responded to appropriately.
- Management of maintenance activities to ensure continuous availability of data scanning infrastructure.
- Management of incident response/resolution where data scanning infrastructure has experienced failure or degradation in performance.
- Manage and oversee effort to ensure data transfer tasks are captured, tracked and delivered in-line with policy and best practice.
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
What you'll need:
- Active DV
- Programme management experience
- A background in IT
- Data migration tools and techniques experience
- APM or Prince Qualification
- Minimum of 10 years' experience within a Programme management environment.
All Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
Contact Name: AWE
Job ID: 3304122