Reward and Benefits Specialist (FTC 12 months)
About IAG Tech
IAG Tech is a community of IT and digital professionals from across the International Airlines Group (IAG). We drive the technology behind some of the biggest and most successful brands in global aviation, including British Airways, Aer Lingus, and Iberia.
Brought together in 2019, we are a unique community with a shared vision to deliver Technology Excellence and be recognised as industry leaders in the use of technology.
Our mission is to delight customers, enable employees, accelerate business performance, protect our business and increase shareholder value, through the innovative and agile use of technology and data.
We use product-centric delivery teams using agile methods to implement new capabilities at pace and maximise business outcomes. With a relentless focus on improving system performance and stability, we continually strive to find new and better ways to innovate and support the Group.
At IAG Tech we share common values to help us create the right culture to underpin our thriving community:
Innovation | we value identifying new ways of using technology to solve business challenges
Empowerment | we value giving people the freedom to operate, that they take accountability, and collaborate with colleagues
Professionalism | we value having and developing the right knowledge and competency to be able to do our jobs to the best of our ability
Transparency | we value honesty and integrity and always share the reality in a manner the business understands
Agility | we value responsiveness, speed and flexibility in everything we do.
We celebrate when we see great examples of our values in action and challenge each other when we see these values being ignored
As the Rewards and Benefits Specialist you will oversee all reward and benefit opportunities and create solutions across several areas including, reward and benefits, colleague development and recognition, job evaluation and architecture.
Collaborates across expert communities to understand the requirements for developing a holistic and comprehensive total rewards strategy. Liaising with People Partners and Operations to support with colleague queries and ensure any feedback is incorporated into the programs and policies, advise, solution and work to balance the reward opportunities available to colleagues that align with the organisation's goals, budgets, and expectations.
You will also deliver an overall job family framework and link reward and benefits, refresh the grading structure, and ensure our employment offering is market (and country) competitive. By setting up our reward governance structures and reviewing our policies and ways of working, you will provide advise and support to the PCC leadership and contribute to the overall colleague experience.
To be successful in this role you will need to be:
- Insights driven - adopt a disciplined approach to understanding and diagnosing problems, and then use a range of evidence from a variety of sources to develop people insights. Use this insight to challenge the way we think about people in our organisation and inform change, driving better business decision making. Evaluate the impact of all projects in order to inform future practice.
- Professional courage and influence - show professional and personal courage to speak up when it's the right thing to do, even if in the face of resistance or opposition. Skillfully influence others in a range of situations, including making a case for change, taking responsibility for mistakes, and challenging the behaviors of others.
- Commercial Drive - apply a business and customer focused approach. Demonstrate the commitment and resilience to deliver results that create business value. Deliver the people plan with an emphasis on those areas that will have the greatest impact.
- The ability to build and develop strong, collaborative relationships with all colleagues is critical.
- Intellectual curiosity, bringing valuable insight into the team / business as well as operational and technical HR skills and tools.
- Ability to recognise priorities and guide others towards the accomplishment of strategic business goals and objective
You should also be able to demonstrate your experience in:
- Salary Structures
- Reward and Pay Gap Analysis
- Benefits Strategy
- Employee Benefits Plans
- Benefits Administration
The chance to enjoy a challenging career in an exciting, fast-moving environment in a dynamic industry, working in a multi-cultural environment with great offices in many locations. We aim to provide all our people with a work/life balance, as well as the many benefits offered by a global organisation, including health insurance, pension, and performance bonuses
Diversity and Inclusion
IAG Tech is part of the IAG GBS organisation, and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We recognise that we can only deliver the required business outcomes if we have a thriving community of technology professionals. Together we strive to become the very best at what we do.
We focus on making Tech a great place to work, with a community that we feel proud to belong to. To help make this a reality, our people strategy focuses on six key domains: Engagement, Talent Management, Reward and Recognition, Performance Management, Learning and Development and Culture.
We understand the importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace to deliver this strategy - everyone should feel part of our team. We want to foster an inclusive workplace, celebrate individuality and embrace differences so that everyone in IAG Tech can achieve their goals and ambitions, regardless of their personal circumstances or background.
As a Group, IAG has an ambition that 40% of senior management roles are held by women by 2025. IAG Tech fully supports that ambition, and we are working to help make it a reality. With this in mind, we have set ourselves the challenging target of recruiting 50% female colleagues by 2030.
Job ID: 3304099