IT Services Specialist - Windows Systems Administrator
Applications for job-share, part-time and flexible working arrangements are welcomed and will be considered in line with business needs.
We are at the forefront of supporting the digital campus, protecting, and securing our IT systems, and developing strategies to take us forward in a rapidly evolving world.
As an IT Services Specialist working within the Cloud Platforms team, you will be responsible for running some of the critical infrastructure that underpins the University's IT provision.
We're looking for someone that can bring their skills, experience, and expertise to the job to help shape what our IT infrastructure looks like in the future.
Rather than rely on external consultants, our moto is we place great value on the knowledge and expertise within the team.
We research, develop, procure, and implement solutions to address the challenges that running a multi-datacentre, high-availability hybrid environment present.
We are looking for a self-motivated, problem solver, who will help shape our future whilst maintaining our current reputation for excellence.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Have expertise in two or more areas of: Microsoft Active Directory, PKI management, Group policy, WSUS, Microsoft Azure technologies, Microsoft Entra ID, Azure Arc.
- Have experience of contributing to the lifecycle of service development, including requirements gathering, service improvements, project management, procurement, service transition, decommissioning, etc.
- Able to provide support, guidance and solutions to complex IT problems working with colleagues across the IT department.
- Be able to demonstrate providing high levels of customer satisfaction and explain the importance of good information security practice.
- Be ready to engage with new systems/services and want to develop your professional skills.
As a member of IT Services, you can expect:
- Support in developing your career, allowing you to progress towards your goals in a friendly environment.
- Mentoring and development opportunities including exposure to a wide breadth of technologies.
- To work closely with all our partners from across the university to support digital transformation and deliver outstanding levels of service that are recognised as the best in the country by our students in the national student survey.
- A supportive dynamic working policy with flexible home/hybrid working where possible.
- A superb 440-acre green site in the heart of Leicestershire with first-rate facilities, plenty of open space, gardens, and sports areas.
- A great salary and benefits package, generous holiday allowance and pension scheme.
There is a sense of pride across campus; employees are proud to be part of our continuous success and are an essential part of achieving all that we do.
Diversity of experience, thought and perspective enriches our university and the lives of its community. It is crucial to our ongoing development as an international institution.
We strive to create a culture that supports equity and celebrates diversity throughout the campus, and we are actively seeking to make our team more diverse.
Whatever area of IT you work in, if you're looking to make things happen then we're looking for you.
Job ID: 3304094