Lead Dynamics Developer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
About this Role
The IPO is a modern organisation which depends on its IT services to operate and innovate effectively. To provide up to date services to our customers systems need to be developed, improved, and maintained. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring the core applications are reviewed and continually improved. Working alongside experts in their fields you will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions without compromising on quality.
You will need the appetite to learn new technologies and methodologies for delivering high quality IT services. In this role you will work within a multi-disciplined squad using several technologies to build enterprise grade services. You will be expected to be proactive and take accountability for the squad assigned deliveries as well as mentoring and coaching team members. The role will also require the investigation, diagnosis and fix of any system issues.
A Lead Developer is expected to contribute to the technical strategy for the department. Formal line management duties also form the key duties of this role.
As a multi-skilled individual specialising in MS Dynamics and Power Apps, you will have the opportunities to develop and mature skills in a core role but extend this to skills typically aligned to other role types. You will have a high level of input in defining which additional skills you can develop.
- Has led in delivering technical solutions as part of large projects
- Experienced with modern delivery models such as Scrum and other Agile methodologies
- Advocate of DevOps principles
- Experience working in a Microsoft Azure Cloud first team
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Excellent understanding of MS Dynamics CRM and/or PowerApps platform
- Experience in RESTful webservices
- Has a deep understanding of architectural principals such as SOA and Micro-Services
- Experience writing Unit Testing
This role will be carried out in-line with IPO Hybrid working arrangements where staff are currently expected to spend at least 20% of their time working onsite from one of our offices. This role is based in our Newport office.
Please note that the frequency of workplace attendance for IPO staff is currently under review and may be subject to change.
- Unlimited Pluralsight video learning access
- Access to Microsoft's ESI training suite
- Pension: 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions
- Hybrid working with no core hours
- Substantial support for career progression
- 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments
- You will also get 8 days public leave and 1 day privilege leave
Benefits of working with the wider IPO:
- A very generous pension scheme with 27.1% - 27.9% employer contributions. Further information can be found around the benefits of joining the Civil Service can be found via the Civil Service Pension Scheme page
- 25 days annual leave moving to 30 days in annual increments (1 day per year) over 5 years of reckonable service. You will also get 8 days public leave and 1 day privilege leave;
- The opportunity to form part of our many inclusive network groups
- A variety of support functions including our excellent Staff Counselling Service which is a source of support for all staff at the IPO
- A flexible working scheme which has no core hours and excellent opportunities for home, part-time and term-time working;
- Eligibility for special and office-wide bonus payments
- Excellent development opportunities
- Opportunities for secondments, both internal and external
- Opportunities to join many civil-service clubs such as the Sports and Social Association, Motoring Club (CSMA), which provide numerous discounts to members
When working at Concept House, Newport the following benefits are also available:
- A limited number of free car parking spaces are available on site
- On-site facilities including gymnasium, shop, restaurant
Please note that benefits may be subject to change.