Lead Software Engineer Java REST API
Lead Software Engineer / Developer (Java REST API) London / WFH to £80k
Are you an experienced Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to progress your career in a hands-on leadership role?
You could be joining a growing tech company that is expanding it's UK presence, working on the core "tech for tech" API management product.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will collaborate closely with the CTO to translate high-level technical vision into actionable strategies and oversee the successful execution of complex projects. You'll split your time between managing an offshore team (in India) with responsibility for 7-8 Team Leads, overall team of around 70 and hands-on coding of new, complex features. The team is rewriting the current platform from legacy Drupal and PHP into modern Java with SpringBoot and microservices on the backend and Angular on the client side.
This is an influential role where you'll be responsible for ensuring technical standards are met.
Location / WFH:
You can work from home most of the time, the office is City based and you'll be required to attend client meetings there with the CTO once or twice a month.
- You are an experienced Software Engineer with a strong knowledge of software engineering best practices
- You have advanced knowledge of Java, SpringBoot, microservices and REST API
- You have experience of leading, coaching / mentoring and successful project delivery
- You also have a good understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, GCP, SQL / NoSQL and web technologies such as HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, SOAP
- You're collaborative and pragmatic with excellent communication skills
Salary & benefits:
As a Lead Software Engineer / Developer you will earn a competitive salary (to £80k).
Apply now to find out more about this Lead Software Engineer / Developer opportunity.
At Client Server we believe in a diverse workplace that allows people to play to their strengths and continually learn. We're an equal opportunities employer whose people come from all walks of life and will never discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The clients we work with share our values.
Contact Name: Java Team
Job ID: 3303844