Infrastructure and Regeneration Projects Manager
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Broxbourne is going through an unprecedented period of place-making change. The Council is leading on significant public realm improvements to Waltham Cross Town Centre, and major developments at Brookfield Riverside, and Brookfield Garden Village. The Council is also working with Hertfordshire County Council on major improvements to A10 dual carriageway and with National Highways to improve cycling infrastructure at the southern end of the Borough. We are looking for an experienced and exceptional Project Manager to lead on a wide range of key place-making projects. You will:
- Manage the design, procurement and delivery of complex, multi-disciplinary highway, regeneration, infrastructure and public realm projects
- Commission and manage external consultants and contractors
- Consult with all stakeholders and members of the public as appropriate
- Work closely with Hertfordshire County Council and National Highways
- Supervise the road adoption process, public rights of way maintenance, and the process of vehicle crossover applications
- Manage budgets, a Highways Engineer and a Business Support Officer
- Supervise the process for Traffic Regulation Orders (TROs), parking places orders and disabled persons parking places orders
You will need a current valid driving licence, a relevant engineering qualification and several years' experience at a senior level managing highway and infrastructure projects. You must have a wide range of experience dealing with highways and traffic matters in a customer driven environment, and excellent organisational, time management and communication skills.
This post allows working flexibly, which may involve home, office or site working in accordance with the needs of the post and prevailing government guidelines. The ability to converse at ease with the public and provide advice in fluent English is essential.
We have adopted the core values of Teamwork, Innovation, Effectiveness and Respect (TIER).
The values and their underlying behaviours, demonstrate our commitment to providing excellent customer care, working in a joined up way, showing respect at all times and looking at innovation and forward thinking solutions. We pride ourselves on recruiting, developing and retaining talent who share this commitment.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The Council's benefits package includes generous leave entitlement, a full training and development programme, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme and free membership to the Council's local leisure centres, which includes free access to gyms, swimming pools, fitness classes, racket sport sessions, a health suite and a range of generous discounts across other leisure and culture services.
Broxbourne Council is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Details and application forms for all job vacancies are listed on the Council's website.